Na Jomtien Beach Residents Concerned About Fireworks, Beach Encroachment, Noise Pollution

webfact

image.jpeg

Na Jomtien, Sattahip-In a story that many of our regular readers will remember has been a recurring problem, Na Jomtien residents have raised concerns to the Thai media, police, and local government officials about encroachment by various businesses onto the beach, noise pollution, fireworks, and homemade bars open until all hours of the night.

This certainly isn’t the first time these issues have been concerns, as we have covered this story several times over the past few years. To be fair, after getting publicity the problem is usually resolved with joint efforts by local officials and law enforcement, but unfortunately doesn’t seem to be a permanent or long term solution, say local concerned citizens.

The area specifically in question is located at the very end of Jomtien Beach in the jurisdiction of Na Jomtien, which falls under Sattahip authorities and not Pattaya. This is near several popular Thai seafood restaurants.

By Adam Judd

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is much like the people who were anti-pork moving in next to a pig farm then complaining about the pigs. You can't move into a neighborhood then expect it to change to suit your whims. Get over it or move away, preferably the latter. No one likes you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, webfact said:

To be fair, after getting publicity the problem is usually resolved with joint efforts by local officials and law enforcement, but unfortunately doesn’t seem to be a permanent or long term solution

It's a vicious cycle....

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Edited by flyingtlger
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Nevermind the pork metaphor, this country has laws that people are expecting to be upheld, and if the keepers

of the law don't do their job which, we the people pay for it to be up held, than they do have the cause and the

rights to complain...

That was me who just laughed at your post. Laws being upheld in Thailand? That's a joke, right?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, ezzra said:

You wouldn't be laughing if you had paid a large sums of money to buy a property in those places only to be rattled

by hooligans, and yes, Thailand still has a modicum of laws for the  keepers to uphold,

so let them do their job of get out...

If you are stupid enough to invest large sums of money without getting a good understanding of what the neighborhood is like then sum num na. 😆

• Haha 1

Fireworks and loud music all hours of the night have been going on in the Pattaya/Jomtien beach areas for many many years, how is this a surprise to anyone with common sense? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

If you are stupid enough to invest large sums of money without getting a good understanding of what the neighborhood is like then sum num na. 😆

Neighborhoods change. Use to be much quieter before the new beach. Now it's really noisy. Fireworks all night pretty much every night.

• Thumbs Up 1

noise pollution is all over the country everyday and for every event. Cars blasting that there are temple activities, or markets, or new cars or motorcycles or just name it.. Music is played by neighbours, bars, in cars at temples or parties outside that you can hear miles further. No wonder people have to play louder and louder as they all have eardrum damages already, but no one cares ....Police doesn't do anything as they say everybody has the right to party...or earn  money...But health is not important, no wonder that sometimes people loose it. Noise id even a torture method 

• Agree 1

Beach blues: Na Jomtien residents wave off unauthorised businesses
by Top Top

image.jpeg
Picture courtesy of Mövenpick Siam Hotel Na Jomtien Pattaya.

Residents of Na Jomtien in Sattahip raised concerns over continuous disturbances and unauthorised commercial activities on the beach.

These issues have previously been highlighted and rectified, thanks to the combined efforts of local officials and law enforcement. However, according to the community, the resolutions have been temporary rather than a permanent fix.

The focal point of these complaints is the far end of Jomtien Beach, under the jurisdiction of Na Jomtien and Sattahip authorities, not Pattaya.

This location, home to several popular Thai seafood eateries, has recently seen a surge in the number of beach-goers. While the locals appreciate the increased activity and newfound vibrancy of their beach, they also express concern over the impact on their tranquillity, especially during the night.

The residential area has always been a quiet retreat for locals and tourists alike, particularly when compared to the bustling Pattaya Beach. However, the increase in footfall, coupled with the area’s narrow roads and limited lanes, has started to strain the local infrastructure. 

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-02-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Haha 1

This has really only become a problem at the south end since they completed the artificially wide beach "nourishment"  project.

Before that hardly anyone sat on the beach there and at high tide it was impossible,water right up to the road.

P_20210813_140450_1.thumb.jpg.387f525a476fa038d25d6b1bb1cd6418.jpg

Sattahip officials have already had at least one successful go at removing the beach encroachers in 2022.

This the last day before they removed all the encroachment on the Sattahip side, they strung up a line dividing the 2 areas  encroachment continued on the Pattaya side..I'm not sure where my photos of the dividing line went to......searching for them.

P_20220626_182608.thumb.jpg.ff73c6a9e223ed49ae878471c7cd0914.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Laws being upheld in Thailand? That's a joke, right?

You may test out the humor of the joke anytime by freely walking out of a 7/11 with stolen merchandise. Better still, rob a gold shop.

Talk's cheap on the 'net.

30 minutes ago, BigStar said:

You may test out the humor of the joke anytime by freely walking out of a 7/11 with stolen merchandise. Better still, rob a gold shop.

Talk's cheap on the 'net.

Of course that's a ridiculous false equivalency, but if it helps you kill some time, then good on ya!

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Of course that's a ridiculous false equivalency, but if it helps you kill some time, then good on ya!

What is it about "laws being upheld in Thailand is a joke" do you not understand?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BigStar said:

What is it about "laws being upheld in Thailand is a joke" do you not understand?

If you're truly that concerned then go turn yourself in for every transgression you've ever committed. We'll all sleep much better for it.

9 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

If you're truly that concerned then go turn yourself in for every transgression you've ever committed. We'll all sleep much better for it.

The rule is of your own making, not mine. I think gold shop robbery would be most efficient. You could live well on that stolen gold.

Me, I seem to have already been caught and punished for all my transgressions. That's partly how I know the laws aren't in fact a joke--for me anyway; you're obviously an exception. We'd all like to know how you make out with your testing, after the hot air. Walk the walk, man.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BigStar said:

The rule is of your own making, not mine. I think gold shop robbery would be most efficient. You could live well on that stolen gold.

Me, I seem to have already been caught and punished for all my transgressions. That's partly how I know the laws aren't in fact a joke--for me anyway; you're obviously an exception. We'd all like to know how you make out with your testing, after the hot air. Walk the walk, man.

yawn

• Sad 1

Personally, I find the picture on top extremely attractive, and will surely go and have a meal and a drink there tomorrow.  Seems to me, this is an added attraction to Pattaya, for increasing tourism.

17 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

That's called a strawman argument. This topic is not about bank robberies. It is on the topic of rules/laws: like cigarette smoking close to entrances to public buildings. All these (primarily,) lowlife local males disobeying traffic laws that are ignored by the police. Who spend all day snagging motorbikes drivers w/o helmets. Sure can be said happens everywhere. But not on the scale here 

Edited by morrobay

8 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Personally, I find the picture on top extremely attractive, and will surely go and have a meal and a drink there tomorrow.  Seems to me, this is an added attraction to Pattaya, for increasing tourism.

Not meaning to be pedantic, but it isn't in Pattaya.

here I don't underastand.

they recently made the beach very wide to have more people going there (sure not during the day before they don't like hot/sun).

So now there are some kind of "restaurants" and people having fun at the beach: wasn't this the purpose ?!

19 hours ago, Ste78 said:

So now there are some kind of "restaurants" and people having fun at the beach: wasn't this the purpose ?!

Perhaps Fireworks were not in the original thoughts. Can't say as I like them in close proximity to where I might be having a meal myself.