Electric blinds motors?

OneMoreFarang

I want to install electric blinds/shades in my condominium.

It seems mostly they are sold as complete units including motor, remote, 220V power supply, fabric, and whatever else altogether.

If possible, I only want to buy the motors (maybe 12V or something like that) and a little mechanic. No power adapter, no remote, etc.

Because I need maybe 10 of them on a panorama window, I like to play with my own electronics, a central power supply, DIY integration in Home Assistant, etc.

Can anybody recommend such motors without all the other things?

Here is the best I could find until now. It seems they still have a battery and the electronic for the remote control built in.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/avatto-tuya-zigbee-smart-roller-shade-blinds-motor-rechargeable-electric-curtain-various-sizes-work-with-alexagoogle-homealice-i4738280845-s19543178820.html

ShadesMotor.png.c95d4183da91ece010e2d38226ce0bbe.png

Have you ever played with Node Red? You could use a little 8266 board with wifi to trigger a little stepper motor. I did something similar in principal a few years ago for fun and attached a powerbank to it. You may be looking for something more off the shelf, though. Can't help with that, though sorry.

But in China town, there is a mall that heaps of Arduino style electronics shops and plenty of people there have kits for 3d printers. Those motors could do the job. It might be worth having a wander there. here is the mall https://maps.app.goo.gl/9Frk3sNZK161jZ8MA

• Like 2

If you're looking for the motor/gearbox only (with or without adaptors to drive blinds) I suspect AliBaba or AliExpress is going to be your best bet.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies.

I am familiar with Arduino, ESP32, etc. programming. I am confident I can do that part (and exactly the way I want it). 

If I find the correct size motors with gearbox that would be great. But then I still need the mounting brackets on each side, a roll, etc.

I guess for the shades there are possibly some special motors involved which should have a small diameter and can be long (to fit into the roll).

And all those ready for sale packages include those motors and basic mechanics. But they also include more parts which I don't want/need. So, it would be best to find a supplier for just the special roller motors. I guess AliExpress is the best option. But sometimes it is difficult to come up with the "correct" search terms to find what we need.

• Like 1