Wii Modding Action

cooL_guY_corY

Hey, gonna pick up a wii from canada cause they are only around 8500 baht or so compared too the 15000 baht prices ive been hearing/seeing around bkk, just curious, should be pretty easy for me to get some guys at mbk or somewhere similar to mod my wii for me ? buying games would add up in a hurry, especially for legit games in bkk. any ideas on this ? as far as i am concerned should be easy and fairly cheap to get it modded.

Canada seems to be the place to get retail Wii's, since it's nearly impossible to find them at stores (online or brick and mortar) in the US. And yes, considering that they're only $250 in the US and Canada (comes out to around 8500 baht, tax included), paying 14,900 here for the US version is a ripoff (since the mod+install is only around 2,000).

Keep in mind that you'll also need either a new power supply or a transformer, since the US and Canada are 120V while Thailand is 220V.

For Japanese ones, the *system* menus are in Japanese. That's about the only difference. In-game menus depend on the game itself. It can be a nuisance if you go online or change system settings, but otherwise it doesn't affect gameplay. And the US system comes with genuine Wii sports (doesn't justify the price difference).