Deciphering (keynumbers) from a public hospital bill?

KhunBENQ

A mate has been in a public hospital at the district town for 12 nights.

He sent me a copy of his bill (all in Thai).

The bill has different sections with a headline followed by some key numbers (six in a row).

"21201" is easy: "special room" aka single bed room.

<headline in Thai>

'21201', '21201', '21201', '21201', '21201', '21201'

Under a headline meaning medical material/equipment there are numbers starting with "52" like 52013...

Anyone has an idea whether this is a standardized catalog for all public hospitals and where to find?

Edited by KhunBENQ

The US uses standard codes in healthcare for diagnosis and treatment to facilitate insurance payouts. I would imagine that this is something similar. It is also handy insofar as it makes it more difficult to dispute the outrageous bills. 

I use private hospitals and they use codes plus an explanation of the service in English is provided so its easy to check your bill. Maybe public hospitals have explanatory text in Thai?

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No idea, sorry. But the hospital billing office (or any government hospital's billing office) will have the list...in Thai, of course

Ok, thanks all. Will see how much my mate is interested to find out the details.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Ok, thanks all. Will see how much my mate is interested to find out the details.

Really not bothering with unless there is a big ticket among amongst these

A single injection can yield several items e.g. needle/syringe, cotton ball, alcohol, bandaid etc

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Codes can also mean Thai, govt worker, probably dirty farang also

Another aspect. As far as I know it's officially supported to charge foreigners (uninsured) significantly higher.

On the other hand: his price for the single bed room for 11 nights would be good for 1.5 days at Bangkok hospital 😊

(13000/night).