Chiang Mai Ear Clinic

nelson111

Hi,

Does anyone out there know of a good Chiang Mai ENT clinic? My left ear's completely bunged-up, drops aren't shifting it, and I think it probably needs syringing.

Given that it's a bit invasive and I'd like my eardrum to stay in one piece, thought I'd scope for reccmomendations rather than trustung pot luck...

Cheers.

Hi,

Does anyone out there know of a good Chiang Mai ENT clinic? My left ear's completely bunged-up, drops aren't shifting it, and I think it probably needs syringing.

Given that it's a bit invasive and I'd like my eardrum to stay in one piece, thought I'd scope for reccmomendations rather than trustung pot luck...

Cheers.

Are you using the "oil" type of ear drops?....Ive never found them effective if there is a lot of built up wax. Try to find drops containing Sodium peroxide...this actualy breaks down the wax...you feel little bubbles in your ear as it works. I get this problem on occaisons and I found that directing the warm shower spray into the ear helps a lot. If you try this make sure the water can drain out...its a flushing action you need.

Hi,

Cheers.

Are you using the "oil" type of ear drops?....Ive never found them effective if there is a lot of built up wax. Try to find drops containing Sodium peroxide...this actualy breaks down the wax...you feel little bubbles in your ear as it works. I get this problem on occaisons and I found that directing the warm shower spray into the ear helps a lot. If you try this make sure the water can drain out...its a flushing action you need.

sorry ..wrong info.....its Hydrogen Peroxide....urea hydrogen peroxide.

Hi,

Cheers.

cheers for the advice. the GP surgery nurse back in the UK told me not to use that as it can damage the ear. so I ignored her and used it anyway. no damage as far as I could tell, but it didn't shift the wax either. this time I've been using olive oil (following nursey's instructions) and it's actually cleared up a bit since my last post. think I'll wait and see, and maybe hit the HP sauce if it doesn't go away.

Ta.

Hi,

Cheers.

cheers for the advice. the GP surgery nurse back in the UK told me not to use that as it can damage the ear. so I ignored her and used it anyway. no damage as far as I could tell, but it didn't shift the wax either. this time I've been using olive oil (following nursey's instructions) and it's actually cleared up a bit since my last post. think I'll wait and see, and maybe hit the HP sauce if it doesn't go away.

Ta.

When I first had trouble I used OPtrex...hydrogen peroxide based..after 3 days ..all was ok..but thought that a professional syring might be advisable.The nurse look in the ear and said..completly clear..she was surprised when I told her what I had used..she said the prop brands usualy did little!!

• 5 months later...

I too am looking for a reliable a ENT doctor or clinic.

Anyone know of a good one?

I went to a sauna with a pool yesterday, and my ears now feel blocked. I might have made the mistake of not clearing my ears of water before cleaning them with "q tips". I have never had this happen before. The last time my head was under water was when I stopped swimming about 10 months. I went to the same sauna 4 days ago and didn't have any problem when I cleaned my ears. I did find some wax.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Just one more thought. I went to a dry sauna which was quite hot, much hotter than their steam sauna. Would the hot temperature, soften and dislodge any wax if I had any?

I also wanted to mention that my ears felt block from the time I left the sauna yesterday. I have never experienced this before so I am a bit concern. I prefer not to go to CM Ram to get the flavor of the moment doctor.

Thanks again.