Best French Fries In Bangkok?

qualtrough

I just came back from a Hanabishi Ramen (sp?) noodle shop. You can find these in most malls, with big 8 in the shop sign. I have eaten at these establishments before, the soups are good, but their french fries are consistently very good. Thick, not shoestring, golden yellow, crisp not soggy, and not cooked all the way through. That is my nomination for best fries in town.

The best fries I have eaten were at Triple O White Spot in Central World Plaza. The burgers aint too hot though.

The price for a combo meal of burger, fries and coke was 250 baht. Dont know the cost of fries only.

I'll second that. Best fries I've had in Thailand were at Triple 0, very good even when compared to fries in Western countries, but I wasn't as impressed with the burger. I don't have much experience eating fries in Bangkok as I normally stay away from fried foods, but have tried at least a dozen or so places over the years.

Gee, I'm rarely able find French fries here in Thailand, but I've seen "French Fried" on several menus.

My Mrs cooks good "flench flies".

Lot of it's personal taste, so many different types around now. Personally I like the fastfood shoestrings for a snack and the thick crisp ones with a meal. None of them are any good for you though. :o

Sorry, best in BKK.... Ship Inn's not bad.

Gee, I'm rarely able find French fries here in Thailand, but I've seen "French Fried" on several menus.

My Mrs cooks good "flench flies".

Lot of it's personal taste, so many different types around now. Personally I like the fastfood shoestrings for a snack and the thick crisp ones with a meal. None of them are any good for you though. :o

Sorry, best in BKK.... Ship Inn's not bad.

you guys are lucky. i normally get 'fan fye' only...

• 4 years later...

Yesterday, I had an order of French Fries at the Fire House or Fire Hose "American" restaurant...on Soi 11, near the end. Really, really good...obviously home made...huge...and well cooked. Came with homemade remoulade. If you haven't tried them, do!

there is confusion regarding french fries and english style chips...

would you make a chip butty with french fries?...

and if you had chips with your MacDonalds instead of fries would you fergit the Big Mac and fergit the purpose of ordering one?...

disgraceful non adhereance to basic food values...(and I have diabetes and high blood pressure too!...)

Fries...

Chips.....

To avoid confusion!

They're both fries in America. Just different size fries. Brits seem to call the thin, crispy ones fries because of McDonalds but plenty of American restaurants have thick fries.

I think some of the best fries I've had in Bangkok are from MOS Burger. Surprised me actually. Nice, thick fries and soft inside, almost perfect.

just get some potato wedges and avoid the confusion completely!

never thought I would say this...but ...

best served dipped with sour cream AND sweet chili sauce! mmmmmm

voted my choice of best pub food

just get some potato wedges and avoid the confusion completely!

never thought I would say this...but ...

best served dipped with sour cream AND sweet chili sauce! mmmmmm

voted my choice of best pub food

Or skins with sour cream and chive...oh and filled with bacon and cheese...now we're talking!

Bully's does a nice version of this....

If DIY, Tesco's sell ''oven'' chips that are great, big and chunky and you don't need an oven. Silver and black pack.

Defrost what you need and fry in corn oil as normal chips. As they are part cooked only takes a few minutes. licklips.gif

Fries...

Chips.....

To avoid confusion!

They're both fries in America. Just different size fries. Brits seem to call the thin, crispy ones fries because of McDonalds but plenty of American restaurants have thick fries.

Exactly and I like both kinds.