Online reservation system- no dates available at all?

Just tried to make a reservation for end of March to do my EOS.  My current extension expires near the end of April.  All reservation dates in February, March, April and May were "not available".....is the online reservation system now not operating?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

"not available".....is the online reservation system now not operating?

It's an issue. I just tried for extension retirement at CW only had 4 days.

Think they only accept appointments up to one month early.  

Screenshot_20240222_065015_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

No dates open for February, or March, or April, or May- that's a range of about 7-100 days in advance of today not allowed to make an appointment!  Am trying to use the Chiang Mai reservation calendar BTW...and yes, Extension of Stay (EOS).  Have used the reservation system successfully before too....

Edited by jeffandgop
  • Like 1

Pick an appointment date, back up 30 days -ish, wake up at 00:01 book an appointment.

49 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

No dates open for February, or March, or April, or May- that's a range of about 7-100 days

The booking window is -30 days.

Which office?

If CW you can only book out to 22 Mar today, five open slots on that Friday NOW.

Tomorrow you could book 23 Mar, rinse/repeat.

I was unable to book online, there were zero spot available at any time, so I assumed the site was broken.

Instead I just wandered down there mid-day, got my queue #, got the retirement visa extended and outta there in just over one hour. If CM Immigration continue being this efficient I'm gonna have to stop griping about them.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Tomorrow you could book 23 Mar, rinse/repeat.

Oops.

Skip 23 and 24 obviously, no appointments on weekends.

2 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

My current extension expires near the end of April.

You can renew up to 30 (45 in some offices) days early, so plan accordingly.

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I really pity folk who have to go through this booking system. I went to my IO on Monday of last week and I was their only 'customer'.

Chaiyaphum....I always book.....but they pay no attention to appointment times or queues or whose turn it is.  You just have to brave and thrust your paperwork under someone's nose.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

Just tried to make a reservation for end of March to do my EOS.  My current extension expires near the end of April.  All reservation dates in February, March, April and May were "not available".....is the online reservation system now not operating?

I have only managed to book an appointment online once at my local IO.......for a Covid Extension in early '22.

I tried to book about a month ahead late last year for 30 day ext and nothing was available for 3 months (I didn't bother looking any further forward than that)

I experimented with trying to book for all the other varieties of appointment and got the same result.

When I actually "walked-in" on the day I wanted the place was very quiet (it usually is) and I breezed through.

Got the same results when I was looking to book another 30 day this year.

I guess that system is broken at my branch.

I will confidently walk-in again next week.

8 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

No dates open for February, or March, or April, or May- that's a range of about 7-100 days in advance of today not allowed to make an appointment!  Am trying to use the Chiang Mai reservation calendar BTW...and yes, Extension of Stay (EOS).  Have used the reservation system successfully before too....

previously, I always did my yearly extension about a month in advance and tried to make an appointment about 2 months prior - nothing was available except the day

after my last day so I just ended up going and waiting in the tent.  Only spent just over an hour there at immigration so even without the appointment, based on what I still remember it used to be with the super long queues just to get inside and get a queue number to get processed the same day.  Now it is better but it seems each year when I go to CM immigration, the crowd seems bigger so although they redid those immigration buildings not so long ago, seems like they need to open even more processing sites.  Improve the online 90-day so it is more reliable, cancel the TM.30 reports altogether or at least go back to having a TM.28 so we the expats can do it online too whenever we change where we are sleeping and don't need to rely on an unresponsive Thai landlord/lady.  Immigration things are better than they used to be but still no where near perfect yet in my opinion.