Thailand caught in a cycle of low GDP growth and high household debt

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

I would be interested to know where you get the figures of 300,000 westerners residing in Thailand.   

Also, what is the average spent per year in Thailand by Westerners residing in Thailand?

Edited by lordgrinz
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

It's just the latest of a series of estimates that have been quoted lately but very much on the high end.

I did reply just now, but my post has vanished.  Maybe a senior moment on my part😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

The 300,000 or so Westerners living in Thailand account for less than USD 10 bill per year.

Where is there actual evidence of the number of Westerners living in Thailand?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I've often wondered about how many expats live in Thailand and it's very difficult to get these numbers. Do you have an accurate source for that 300,000, or is that an estimate? 

52 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Also, what is the average spent per year in Thailand by Westerners residing in Thailand?

14 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

Where is there actual evidence of the number of Westerners living in Thailand?

The number of foreigners living in Thailand is not the subject of this thread. If you want to know the answer to that question, or how much they spend, there are plenty of web sites out there containing estimates. I used an estimate I know about from previous experience, in order to help answer a point about the subject of the thread, which is about the low cycle economic growth and household debt. 

27 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

The number of foreigners living in Thailand is not the subject of this thread. If you want to know the answer to that question, or how much they spend, there are plenty of web sites out there containing estimates. I used an estimate I know about from previous experience, in order to help answer a point about the subject of the thread, which is about the low cycle economic growth and household debt. 

Well that was certainly not very helpful, and FYI there are not very many websites out there that offer accurate information about the expat population in Thailand. I've been searching for this information for years thank you very much. 

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well that was certainly not very helpful, and FYI there are not very many websites out there that offer accurate information about the expat population in Thailand. I've been searching for this information for years thank you very much. 

Asking you nicely to start a dedicated thread on an off topic subject is much more preferable, I think,  to applying strict forum policy and following the rules and issuing a warning. But I can go that route, if you wish.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1