Transferring Visa into new passport

Currently have a non immigrant O extension based on marriage to a Thai in my Aussie passport, My passport expires late November 2024 and I am due for an extension in August 2024. Thinking about getting a new passport in May. Do I have to get the  current extension transferred into the new passport immediately or can I have it done when I do my next extension in August? Thanks for any advice.

You can transfer stamps when it suits you. eg same visit for your next extension.

In meantime just travel with both passports.

I currently have application in for my renewal Oz pp.

My current pp expires 2026. 

Do it now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I currently have application in for my renewal Oz pp.

My current pp expires 2026. 

Do it now. 

My passport expires Sep 2025 so was going to renew now to save changing over during non-O extension, then I found that to renew an Aussie passport in Bangkok costs 11,370 baht ($346 + $150 overseas applicant fee). 

At that cost I decided to be cheap Charlie and get the full value out of my current passport 😀

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I found that to renew an Aussie passport in Bangkok costs 11,370 baht

Indeed. That's ~1100 baht per year 

Hardly sheep stations. 

So many threads on AseanNow of folk leaving it to last few months. 

Be aware embassy recommends to allow 6 weeks for processing so needs to be applied for when pp not required.

The Thai gf recently obtained new pp.

Process time: overnight 

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed. That's ~1100 baht per year 

Hardly sheep stations. 

So many threads on AseanNow of folk leaving it to last few months. 

Be aware embassy recommends to allow 6 weeks for processing so needs to be applied for when pp not required.

The Thai gf recently obtained new pp.

Process time: overnight 

Not sheep stations but expensive compared with other passports. Apparently the second most expensive in the world. My last Bangkok renewal took just under 2 weeks so the 6 weeks is the embassy being super conservative.

Edited by Jaunty

17 hours ago, Jaunty said:

Currently have a non immigrant O extension based on marriage to a Thai in my Aussie passport, My passport expires late November 2024 and I am due for an extension in August 2024. Thinking about getting a new passport in May. Do I have to get the  current extension transferred into the new passport immediately or can I have it done when I do my next extension in August? Thanks for any advice.

BTW, there is a form from immigration requesting the transfer of stamps, can get it from immigration.go.th