Best Air-Con Units For A Small Room

Mitkof Island

Only mitsubishi or diahatsu if you are concerned about noise.  The cheap chinese compressors they sell with the units that are a couple thousand baht less tend to rattle and sound like they are about to fall apart...they can be extremely loud and there is nothing that can be done according to my aircon guy.  He was out a few times installing rubber washers etc trying to quiet ours down to no avail.  Landlord coughed up for a new mitsubishi and it purrs like a kitten. 

11 minutes ago, YaiJung said:

Only mitsubishi or diahatsu if you are concerned about noise.  The cheap chinese compressors they sell with the units that are a couple thousand baht less tend to rattle and sound like they are about to fall apart...they can be extremely loud and there is nothing that can be done according to my aircon guy.  He was out a few times installing rubber washers etc trying to quiet ours down to no avail.  Landlord coughed up for a new mitsubishi and it purrs like a kitten. 

What was the BTU and how much ?

Not sure how many BTU, but I think it cost about 10-12k baht...a room that size doesn't need a huge unit.    Sorry I can't be of more help on that end.  Main thing I took away from the experience is to stick with mitsubishi or diahatsu.   I find the aircon salesmen usually push units that are on the large side.  Too big and it will be like a jet engine in the room and dry you out as well.  My advice is to go smallish for a room that size. 

For air filtering, you are probably better off buying a dedicated air purifier for around 3k baht.  they work better at cleaning the air and filters are relative cheap to replace.  Cuts down on aircon servicing a bit I have noticed as the room doesn't get as dusty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YaiJung said:

I have both Mitsubishi and TCL both inverter models.  Both Mitsubishi & TCL are silent inside and outside and 12,000 BTU is about 9,000 baht plus installation for TCL on Lazada.

1 hour ago, YaiJung said:

Not sure how many BTU, but I think it cost about 10-12k baht...a room that size doesn't need a huge unit.    Sorry I can't be of more help on that end.  Main thing I took away from the experience is to stick with mitsubishi or diahatsu.   I find the aircon salesmen usually push units that are on the large side.  Too big and it will be like a jet engine in the room and dry you out as well.  My advice is to go smallish for a room that size. 

For air filtering, you are probably better off buying a dedicated air purifier for around 3k baht.  they work better at cleaning the air and filters are relative cheap to replace.  Cuts down on aircon servicing a bit I have noticed as the room doesn't get as dusty. 

any advice on a good brand air purifier?