Doing online 90 day report on new passport.

When you get a new passport the number will be different when applying for the online 90 day report which could cause the application to be rejected. How do you overcome this?

5 minutes ago, mokwit said:

You can't do it online with anew passport the first time. You have to do it in person - says on 90 day info page that new passport will require this. You also have to update TM30 with new passport number.

OK, thanks.

1 hour ago, dick turpin said:

When you get new passport you have to go to immigration

to transfer stamps from old passport, there is no great

urgency over this so wait until your next 90-day report

Is due and take care all at the same time.

At CW you can't do the 90 day until you have done a TM30 with new passport number.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, mokwit said:

At CW you can't do the 90 day until you have done a TM30 with new passport number.

FYI:  Just did my transfer of stamps from old to new passport at CM.  First they had me go to the TM.30 office (opens 15 minutes before the main office), then after they checked my documents they had me redo a TM47 on my old passport and go to the walkin window to do a new 90-day report with instructions to just come back to the window (5 minutes), then they stapled both the TM.30 and 90-day report in the new passport and sent me to window 2 (transfer of stamps) inside.  easy to accomplish all but had to be done in person.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, cauldlad said:

Just did the transfer stamps at Jomtien with my new UK passport.

They did not ask me to complete a new TM30 and just left the old TM30 in my passport, which is about six years old.

Same here, I arrived back in Thailand in October with a new passport and then got the visa stamps transferred immediately, free of charge in Jomtien and very simple. I was buying a new car so needed to get the passport in the system straight away. The TM30 was the old one from 2 years ago, I asked and there was no need to update it, and that was also fine to get the residence permit to buy a new car and to do the annual retirement extension in December. I did the first 90-day with the new passport online in January. Probably not surprisingly, I entered my name and new passport number and clicked the auto-fill widget but nothing happened, so I just filled it in by hand and submitted it. It had been approved the next morning when I checked. I'm pretty sure that the autofill widget will work for my next online 90-day report in April now I've resubmitted my personal data with the new passport number. All in all, very efficient service from Jomtien Immigration and the online reporting app.

22 hours ago, Guderian said:

Same here, I arrived back in Thailand in October with a new passport and then got the visa stamps transferred immediately, free of charge in Jomtien and very simple. I was buying a new car so needed to get the passport in the system straight away. The TM30 was the old one from 2 years ago, I asked and there was no need to update it, and that was also fine to get the residence permit to buy a new car and to do the annual retirement extension in December. I did the first 90-day with the new passport online in January. Probably not surprisingly, I entered my name and new passport number and clicked the auto-fill widget but nothing happened, so I just filled it in by hand and submitted it. It had been approved the next morning when I checked. I'm pretty sure that the autofill widget will work for my next online 90-day report in April now I've resubmitted my personal data with the new passport number. All in all, very efficient service from Jomtien Immigration and the online reporting app.

Exactly the same with me. Despite many posts by people who don't know, Jomtien is very efficient. For me stamps transferred over in October to new passport, no new TM30 required and 90 days completed online with new passport in December. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I had the same problem years ago. Your old passport number is still in the 90 day reporting system and there is no way to change it. From my experience, even doing it in person once didn't fix it. Have to leave the country and come back in on the new passport and then the online 90 day reporting will start working for you again. 

• Sad 1

On 2/26/2024 at 12:00 AM, ABCDBKK said:

I had the same problem years ago. Your old passport number is still in the 90 day reporting system and there is no way to change it. From my experience, even doing it in person once didn't fix it. Have to leave the country and come back in on the new passport and then the online 90 day reporting will start working for you again. 

Think First. We can do this or not?

Look that you do not have to go to the Immi. for nothing. 

In my 25 years me never had to do to much Work. "Connect" your new Passport to the next extensions.

• Confused 1