freefilefillableforms.com

Hello, American expats!

Looking forward to paying your tribute for 2023?

Have you been using freefilefillableforms.com for online electronic filing?

Ha!  Not anymore ya ain't!

Foreign Phone Numbers

• Account Creation - You cannot use a foreign phone number. Without a U.S. phone number, you may not be able to create, access or recover your account.   

Now searching for online alternative for electronic submission to avoid printing and mailing hardcopy.

Any suggestions?

Looking over the options at the IRS website,  the system offered two options.

FreeTaxUS

Can I use FreeTaxUSA if I live at a foreign address?

Unfortunately, we don't support customers or preparers who are living outside the United States when they file their taxes, even if they lived in a US territory.

The final option is TaxSlayer.

Mobile phone

Mobile phone is required.

Gosh, you'd expect a terrorist organization that demands tribute from any and all income galaxy-wide, regardless of physical location, would make it possible to e-file......

Edited by NoDisplayName

33 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Now searching for online alternative for electronic submission to avoid printing and mailing hardcopy.

Any suggestions?

I used OLT last year and also will again this year.  I already filled in the info for 2023 but have not submitted to IRS.  I need to do one more check on my figures.

They do accept a Thailand address.

https://www.olt.com

Edited by gamb00ler

29 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

I used OLT last year and also will again this year.  I already filled in the info for 2023 but have not submitted to IRS.  I need to do one more check on my figures.

Used last two years and queued (prior to IRS accepting returns) and received refund January 31.

I always use Freefillable forms

But, I do keep a US mobile phone number. Off most of the time, I turn it on in Thailand only to receive SMSes.

Having a Thai address is no problem, all my returns have Thai address. But to create the account (which you have to re-do each year) need a US phone number.

2 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

30 minutes to file.

Sent, accepted by the bad people about half an hour later.

Edited by NoDisplayName

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I always use Freefillable forms

But, I do keep a US mobile phone number. Off most of the time, I turn it on in Thailand only to receive SMSes.

Having a Thai address is no problem, all my returns have Thai address. But to create the account (which you have to re-do each year) need a US phone number.

This is a recent change.  I had used them past 6 years, in Thailand and in China.