CW 1yr Extension based on marriage - document copies also now wanted in B & W?

I always scan all documents and print them out in colour producing one legible set for my annual extension but last year they upset my wife by demanding an additional set in black & white at Chang Wattana. She got mad because she is the one to go downstairs to get 25 pages of copies, which by the way, are as usual almost indecipherable with pictures mostly blacked out of details. As we had a booking time this made us late. 

We were not the only ones caught out by this, lots of disgruntled ex-pats vocalising their thoughts on the Thai Imm Service which were far from complimentary. I did not disagree!

So my question is - in order to prepare now and not get caught out again - is this now a requirement of the Imm Bureau as when printing I can always print a legible set in B & W so the  I.O's are happy bunnies? I.e two sets, one of which (if not both) must be in black and white?

17 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

I always scan all documents and print them out in colour producing one legible set for my annual extension but last year they upset my wife by demanding an additional set in black & white at Chang Wattana. She got mad because she is the one to go downstairs to get 25 pages of copies, which by the way, are as usual almost indecipherable with pictures mostly blacked out of details. As we had a booking time this made us late. 

We were not the only ones caught out by this, lots of disgruntled ex-pats vocalising their thoughts on the Thai Imm Service which were far from complimentary. I did not disagree!

So my question is - in order to prepare now and not get caught out again - is this now a requirement of the Imm Bureau as when printing I can always print a legible set in B & W so the  I.O's are happy bunnies? I.e two sets, one of which (if not both) must be in black and white?

Talk to CW and ask them, this is because each office can make their own requirements 

However in my office you are always required to present 2 copies of all documents, there is no requirement for any to be in B&W only. Some of the second set are required to be in colour (photos), some don’t matter. NB this is for the marriage extension only. 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Talk to CW and ask them, this is because each office can make their own requirements 

However in my office you are always required to present 2 copies of all documents, there is no requirement for any to be in B&W only. Some of the second set are required to be in colour (photos), some don’t matter. NB this is for the marriage extension only. 

Agree all my copies are in colour, and my office require 6 glossy photos x 2, and on the home visit they take more. If you include the one or is it two attached to the forms, and the one taken at the desk that's frigging 20+ Furking photos they have of me  :crazy::post-4641-1156694572::crazy:.

Just to add my IO does not do copies.

After many years of running into the occasional hiccup like this I've learned that it always best to stick with whatever is the standard that is expected by immigration.

Even if you come up with a better solution for something, it may not be appreciated unfortunately. In other words, if everybody gives them copies in black-and-white, then just do the same, for better or for worse, just to avoid running into issues like this in the future. 

Edited by ABCDBKK

23 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I have a B&W laser printer so little option, have to go to print shop for the photos.

23 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Dealing with Immigration here is the first time most posters on here have to deal with government offices. I doubt in their/our home countries they have to do so. I suspect the requirements in their/our countries' government offices are just as exacting. 

This morning downloaded and filled the new format TM 7 from Immigration area 1, Bangkok.

This new format is filled in blue as standard, opening up the old argument as Blue or Black on TM7?

Last year I changed all the text from blue to Black,  It was accepted by Hua Hin Immigration as were all other document copies in color.(I now have copies of the new format this year in both colors)

IMHO a copy of a document is not a true copy unless reproduced in its entirety in original format. After all you have to sign/initial every copy as a true copy.

However, my Thai wife disagrees  for instance she insists on black and white for copies of ID and only relevant page of blue book with her name on it for children school and college registration she still has to sign that it is a true copy. TIT.

I intend to go to Hua Hin Immigration beginning of next month with intent to clarify a previous poster. " that witness does not have to attend, only house book and ID copy". Will report back with any info gleaned, hopefully this will not change before my appointment  for extension on the 18th. 

Chas

On 2/25/2024 at 9:47 AM, cliveshep said:

I had the same in February last year at CW. It was nothing to do with the colour, they wanted another full set of paperwork for reasons they didn't explain. They probably mentioned B/W because it's cheaper.

This month they didn't ask for it.

On 2/26/2024 at 11:48 AM, Chaspul said:

This morning downloaded and filled the new format TM 7 from Immigration area 1, Bangkok.

This new format is filled in blue as standard, opening up the old argument as Blue or Black on TM7?

Last year I changed all the text from blue to Black,  It was accepted by Hua Hin Immigration as were all other document copies in color.(I now have copies of the new format this year in both colors)

IMHO a copy of a document is not a true copy unless reproduced in its entirety in original format. After all you have to sign/initial every copy as a true copy.

However, my Thai wife disagrees  for instance she insists on black and white for copies of ID and only relevant page of blue book with her name on it for children school and college registration she still has to sign that it is a true copy. TIT.

I intend to go to Hua Hin Immigration beginning of next month with intent to clarify a previous poster. " that witness does not have to attend, only house book and ID copy". Will report back with any info gleaned, hopefully this will not change before my appointment  for extension on the 18th. 

Chas

What new format TM 7 form are you referring to? I only see the following TM 7 form on the immigration website, which is the same one as always:

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/4.คำขออนุญาตเพื่ออยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวต่อไป-ตม.7.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

O(k guys - update here. Went in last week with 2 sets of everything just in case. Asked the document checking "lady"(boy) if two sets were needed - answer yes. So got bank letter, two copies of that, two copies of updated bank book's last page, 2 copies of their extra 3 pages of forms about if I over-stayed yabba yabba and for wife asserting yes still married etc, presented these two massive 30 page bundles and were told we would be called.

Well, we were not called and in the end thoroughly fed up because we were on-site in plenty of time for our appointment, but now long past that time and found an empty booth with an IO sitting in it and asked her why others were now in front when we were missed out. She looked at our appointment form, took our bundles of docs and said she'd do it for us.

First thing she did was hand back one bundle - not need she said. But but but we said - doc checking told us....yes she said but I don't need 2 sets, they are wrong!

So whether right or wrong she took one set, yakked and joked with my wife, then called us to go inside to a supervisor who simply handed back my passport and said finished! What says I? No sweetie? (like dentists do for children!) So she laughed and joked could I still chew candies if I had my teeth still when the I.O who did the paper work shushed her saying she'd offend me but as I laughed they laughed and all went good. Also good because the booth we were supposed to to in was staffed by a right miserable I.O my wife remembered from last year as rude so we didn't need to sit in front of her!

So go back for extension stamp on 5th April now. All over for another year!

This dates back decades as when color first became common police looked upon any color copy as an attempted forgery.  So for a few years insisted on only b/w copies.  Color has been accepted by CW for many years in my experience.

On 2/25/2024 at 9:47 AM, cliveshep said:

I always scan all documents and print them out in colour producing one legible set for my annual extension but last year they upset my wife by demanding an additional set in black & white at Chang Wattana.

"Dance farang man - dance." 

On 2/27/2024 at 12:05 PM, ABCDBKK said:

What new format TM 7 form are you referring to? I only see the following TM 7 form on the immigration website, which is the same one as always:

"New rule for next year," wife and I were told by our Immigration office after dancing for them.  "Only accept new TM-7 on counter."  This after submitting the fillable TM-7 I've been submitting for years.

So what is the "new TM-7 on counter?"  It's the old TM-7 with about three different purple stamps on the front and back. 

"Must fill out in pen."  Well of course.  "Dance farang man - dance."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1