E-Visa: best practices

Hello,

It seems things have changed and French passport can get an E-Visa from Korea. So, I'm going to try to get one.

First, is the site https://www.thaievisa.go.th/ really the official website for E-Visa?

Is there things I should know before to try to apply?

What are they going to ask me? Could they refuse to give me one for some reason?

Also, is it mandatory to print it or is an electronic version on your smartphone ok?

Any advices are welcome, thank you very much in advance!

Yes that is the correct website.

Just start an application, you will soon get to the page where you find out that documents they want - depending on what type of visa you are applying for they require different things.  One thing they will ask for is proof of your legal residency in Korea, if you are just visiting your passport and entry stamps might be sufficient although the website suggests you may need more..."For non-Korean nationals: a copy of Alien Registration Card front-back"

The website deals with applications globally but each country's Embassy might ask for more information from you and of course can refuse to issue a visa if they are so inclined.

You should print it, makes life a lot easier at check-in and immigration.

18 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Yes that is the correct website.

Just start an application, you will soon get to the page where you find out that documents they want - depending on what type of visa you

i have a registered evisa account and apparently australia has now been granted evisa eligibility.

however when making a trial online application (that acknowledged my eligibility) the system gave a dropdown message that tourist visa single/multiple entries are not available on request .......??????. 

anyone have any reason for this? 

i am in thailand now but for application purposes i gave notice my location was in australia. 

cheers

17 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

BTW, do you need a TM30 to extend a tourist visa for 30 days?

I did not need one in December extending a TR in Bangkok, although I had a copy in my bag if needed.  But my other half did.  So yes and no, I'd go with yes to be safe.

1 hour ago, anotherfarangishere said:

BTW, do you need a TM30 to extend a tourist visa for 30 days?

It depends on the office where you get the extension.  Some will absolutely require a TM30, some will except a booking confirmation form a local hotel instead, and some won't ask for anything.

3 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Also, is it mandatory to print it or is an electronic version on your smartphone ok?

Yes it's mandatory to print out the eVisa.

As for TM30 : good chance it will be required at immigration for extension 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phillip9 said:

It depends on the office where you get the extension.  Some will absolutely require a TM30, some will except a booking confirmation form a local hotel instead, and some won't ask for anything.

Thank you for your help. Well, Bangkok, Lak Si (if they didn't move...)

2 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Government Center Chaeng Wattana Building? F...! Are you sure?

Yes he's right.  I did mine there in December.  Actually I used the VFS E-Extension service which pre-approves the extension and give an appointment which limits the time needed at the office, under an hour in both our cases.