E visa inconsistency

So in December 2023 I applied for a tourist visa and had my application approved and visa issued.

I am now in the process of applying for a Non O via the E visa website and have had the photo I uploaded rejected.

The photo has to be within the last 6 months which it is and I do not understand how it can be approved for an application 2 months ago and now rejected.

Not a big deal but frustrating!

It's a bit of hit or miss I have an old photo that always comes up acceptable, and loaded that whilst I found the more recent 4 month old photo and went back and substituted it didn't like it cropped another copy of same very slightly and it was fine. File size is below the 3MB Maximum?

4 hours ago, mlkik said:

So in December 2023 I applied for a tourist visa and had my application approved and visa issued.

I am now in the process of applying for a Non O via the E visa website and have had the photo I uploaded rejected.

The photo has to be within the last 6 months which it is and I do not understand how it can be approved for an application 2 months ago and now rejected.

Not a big deal but frustrating!

Its the latest E-Visa software using AI. Designed to mimic the behaviour of Thai immigration officers in rejecting documents that were previously accepted!

But seriously, try adjusting the picture brightness and contrast.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They have rejected the photo and asked me to upload a different photo. 

Photograph taken within the last six months.: - Please upload other photo look straight up as If the photograph is inappropriate and does not reflect your current appearance your visa may be rejected to enter the Kingdom of Thailand

Yeah it does that some times.

Does not like texture in backgrounds I've found.

Does not like any shadow.  

We use a old slightly off white / light cream bedsheet ironed and placed over a door as a background.

The son just takes my dads photo on an I phone and slightly crops it to approx.  h x width ratio of a passport photo

I always keep a pic that works for the next application, so you can populate everything and then go back and get the recent photo re-uploaded if it does not get the ok first attempt. . we've had about a 15% of might not work messages I would guess.

Most recent e-visa was approved in under 48hrs!

Edited by UKresonant

6 hours ago, UKresonant said:

I always keep a pic that works for the next application, so you can populate everything and then go back and get the recent photo re-uploaded if it does not get the ok first attempt. . we've had about a 15% of might not work messages 

That is what I did,I used a photo that was accepted for my tourrist visa and it uploaded successfuly without the warning message,only later to be rejected.