Information overload diary

26 minutes ago, jippytum said:

I have blocked friends on Facebook over posts of boring everyday mundane activity  itimised in detail twice a  day .

You get tired of them photos of their dinner or lunch meals ?

A lot of my Asian friends do that ,post pics of their restaurant meals .

Posted (edited)

But the crazy thing is this Generation even in their jobs as nurses , even police have absolutely no fear of taking Tik Tok videos /pics for  Facebook etc in  full uniform dancing and being silly miming songs 

Can you imagine police or nurses doing that 30 years ago !

Edited by georgegeorgia

3 hours ago, jippytum said:

I have blocked friends on Facebook over posts of boring everyday mundane activity  itimised in detail twice a  day .

Either they were not very good friends or you are not.   I don't block friends even if they are antivaxxers, believe in god, thing the world is flat etc   It gets harder to make new friends as you get older, so why would anyone block a friend for posting everyday trivial.  I actually like knowing what my overseas friends are doing in the day to day lives, we used to see each other maybe everyday and now some of them I haven't seen in almost 40 years, but we've staying in contact and stayed friends.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Either they were not very good friends or you are not.   I don't block friends even if they are antivaxxers, believe in god, thing the world is flat etc   It gets harder to make new friends as you get older, so why would anyone block a friend for posting everyday trivial.  I actually like knowing what my overseas friends are doing in the day to day lives, we used to see each other maybe everyday and now some of them I haven't seen in almost 40 years, but we've staying in contact and stayed friends.  

Great post 

But please change with the times so to speak and take Tik Tok videos to send to them

I'm not trying to be weird here but recently I have been back into "mooning" that is pulling my pants down and flashing my bum.

I sent these to 8 friends via WhatsApp that I hadn't seen in years ,the real friends loved it and sent smileys back whilst the so called friends blocked me !

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2024 at 11:08 AM, flyingtlger said:

Not me....

nor I 

Wonder where the many people are 

Let's see diary for Pattaya visit.

Yoday went to a bar.  had a few beers, talked with bar girls  bar gine was too high left and went to another baR

I have kept a diary on the back of my autobiography which records what I regard as highlights or significant events, only add to it about once a fortnight.

I occasionally add to the autobiography with new recollections.

On 3/1/2024 at 9:43 AM, georgegeorgia said:

I guess many if not all us keep a written diary ,

.but I was amused last night to work with a much  younger colleague who used his phone to re-cord his daily diary with videos and pics of bus driver on way to work, pics of arriving , pics of his takeaway meal 

😂

this just information overload ?

is there any E booke on the Psychometric of information overload?

this is a riveting topic for us academic

I keep a written diary in a book using a pen. I hardly ever read any of the stuff I have written in the past 10-12 years, but I keep on writing. I might have to burn the books before I die to save my children a whole heap of embarrassing reading.