Thai prime minister graces TIME cover, signaling business revival

webfact

The recent death of Russian dissident Alexei Navalny in a Siberian penal colony—which President Joe Biden called “yet more proof of Putin’s brutality”—has added to the diplomatic unease. Srettha shrugs off any criticism. “Is there evidence that [Putin] is responsible?” he asks. “It’s a crime committed on their soil, if it is, indeed, a crime. We don’t interfere with other nations’ sovereignty.” For Srettha, the more than 1 million free-spending Russian tourists who visit Thailand every year take precedence. He has offered 90-day visa-free entry to all Russian passport holders—three times as long as Americans enjoy. https://time.com/6899782/thailand-prime-minister-srettha-thavisin-business-hub/

Good to see that the Time article noticed the pro Russian, anti-American slant.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

At least he is smart enough to resign as Finance Minister and appoint SET Chairman Pichai Chunhavajira as Finance Minister.

The first intelligent thing he's done. Sheer idiocy to have made himself Finance Minister in the first place.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/politics/40036329

I have not seen that promulgated. Only a supposition?

49 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I have not seen that promulgated. Only a supposition?

I think I saw it confirmed elsewhere, but when looking for a supporting article I jumped on the first, The Nation, which is a rumor.

2 hours ago, peter48 said:

We said it before especially those guys who knew Thailand in the earlier 2000s when the pound went further, we bought property, Thais were happier & more western tourists came to a more open better LOS. But there were the nay sayers, old conservative types denying that, saying the arrival of the Thaksin and the present government was same old. Well we said no, it was similar to the popular Blair years where UK was open, progressive, booming and more equal. So here we are now with Thai PM on the cover of Time, a world wide publication.. Lift your glasses guys & girls welcome back to a more  open and likely more prosperous Thailand. When the economy grows with with more exports, more inward  foreign companies and  investments and more tourism things tend to get better for all.  

https://www.khaosod.co.th/politics/news_1248096

image.jpeg.e5e631c52338bd16a521548c873bed1e.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Tripe? Did you bother to read the Time article, or just read Thaiger's headlines & maybe their story?! 

Not a fan of TIME but four fifths of the their article is about the problems facing the PM & Thailand after two decades of internecine conflict, losing its lead in SEA, failed guidance by a non elected government, and the resulting economic & social  stagnation. Pretty much spot on. Which is why Thaiger does not mention any of that. Thaiger's job is to keep the facade & window dressing looking good. They count on the fact you will read their spin, but are too lazy to read the original article. 

Lol, it is the same government.