Yep cants

Snackbar

All day every day there’s no end to it.

Gas man wheezed his way through this Phuket town shophouse to replace the medium sized Green bottle under the hob in the kitchen at the far end.

Dragged the filthy thing across the only piece of carpet in his path.

Urgh! D81468A4-8993-4DE3-95E1-9E1469BACC0B.thumb.jpeg.9aeab718511113daa058cebb4e29aa78.jpeg

• Agree 1

Yes not good but next time you'll know to move the carpet first......

or have the gas delivered to the front door where the old bottle is waiting for the exchange.

9 minutes ago, Snackbar said:

All day every day there’s no end to it.

Gas man wheezed his way through this Phuket town shophouse to replace the medium sized Green bottle under the hob in the kitchen at the far end.

Urgh! D81468A4-8993-4DE3-95E1-9E1469BACC0B.thumb.jpeg.9aeab718511113daa058cebb4e29aa78.jpeg

Did the gas bottle have some yellow residue aswell? A decent carpet shampoo should get it all out.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Snackbar said:

Bung the carpet into the washer. 

In a related story black water discharge is sighted in Phuket.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I feel your pain.

If a job can be f'ed up in any way possible, or in quite a few ways that we would think are impossible), it will be f'ed up good and proper.

Sometimes I feel pity that the average daily wage here is so low. Some other times I think it is way too high.

I agree, sadly. It is not surprising given the very different ways we live our lives, but respect for property amongst those who don't own anything of (high value), is quite strange. But I suppose there are other priorities.

The last time I had my aircons cleaned I moved everything out of the range of the machines as they were cleaning them, (as per usual), including the pieces of silver and bronzes on top of a George III piecrust table. Sometime later, because it was almost in my eyeline, I noticed one of their wet cleaning cloths hanging from the side of it. It must have been there for several minutes, and it of course left a water stain, which I am still trying to remove with a antique oil designed for such purposes. Still, I suppose it's seen a few things in its life, and this just adds to its rich tapestry, almost literally. And besides, it's barely noticeable in the dim lighting I use at night; even better when the lights are off.

I literally supervise all activity in my flat like a hawk, so that micromanaging is par for the course.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1