Tik Tok

Anybody of you on this site? Just seen a damming report on OZ TV, just posting will you put in danger of Chinese Inteligent's using your position and your home address. You will be exposed by AI and also by scamming your bank of course. And many other risks.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

As a seasoned conspiracy theorist, I can assure you that TikTok is one of the very few large platforms where you can still speak the truth (or "misinformation" as they say in the media). That's why they want to ban it, the Chinese threat is just the justification they have come up with.

Yeah, right is a pity I can't broadcast the whole story 

Edited by still kicking
misspelled
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, cmjl said:

Anyone who trusts the Chinese and their social media platform needs to remove their rose coloured specs and look outside the very narrow box in front of them.

Please note: I do my research,can you say the same?

Indeed I can. Pretty good stuff on Tik Tok, in terms of truth. It probably won't last, it never does.

TikTok is spying on users in the west? :omfg:

If I had an account, I guess I should delete that app and install something else in my Chinese-made phone. They won't be able to track me driving my Chinese-made car with the built-in Chinese-made GPS to my local Chinese-owned eatery.

BTW Here is an interesting comparison between social media in the US and what is their equivalent in China.

For those that are time poor, the algorithm for the US version delivers funny dancing teenagers & stupid pranks to most feeds. Basically dumbing down the population.

It's different in China. Much more regulated & censored. Examples of academic & business success seems to rank much higher in the algorithm.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, still kicking said:

Yeah, right is a pity I can't broadcast the whole story 

It is being covered in the USA as the House of Representatives just passed a Bill to demand that the company be sold to someone not tied to the CCP. There are arguments weighing out privacy concerns, control over gathering of personal data (a larger question than just this one company), “national security” concerns … and not a small amount of irony, in that there are several governments that have laws which would allow them access to private data. This latter point, usually but not always requiring some independent court action approval. It will be interesting for me to follow. Thing is with China, they are in the process of gathering huge amounts of data in order to give each individual a social rating … the result of which will be used for accessing government benefits … reasonable or just a control mechanism?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

As a seasoned conspiracy theorist, I can assure you that TikTok is one of the very few large platforms where you can still speak the truth (or "misinformation" as they say in the media). That's why they want to ban it, the Chinese threat is just the justification they have come up with.

Yeah swallow that Chinese propaganda!  If it is such a great Chinese program, how come the Chinese version of their program is totally controlled by the CCP.  As a reminder, how come the CCP don't allow the free world media access for Chinese nationals?  FB and Google and twitter are all banned in China by the CCP as they are afraid that their citizens might see how their own government lies to them.  

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I feel sorry for the members of the army of Chinese spies who have to spend their days sifting through mountains of videos exchanged by brainless teenagers in order to uncover the one-in-a-million with intelligence value to the CCP.

• Haha 1