Travelling With Electrical Item From Uk To Bkk

BboyRusty

You may find they want you to remove the battery. If it's a lead-acid type (even sealed) it won't be allowed on the flight even as checked.

Otherwise if it's inside the weight/size allowance for carry-on should be fine. Any reason you don't want it going as checked (well packed of course)?

Ok firstly it does weigh quite a bit, im unsure what but it isn't light. The battery is actualy built in and part of the unit so to remove it would possibly ruin it or make it useless to me. Reason for wanting to carry as hand luggage is firstly theft also damage. So what are the weight restrictions please and how could I get clarification on wether the battery would be an issue. Would this vary with the company I fly with or is it restrictions from the airports? Thanks Rusty

Weight restrictions for hand luggage are typically 7 to 8 kilos depending on the airline.

Not sure that they would allow the item as hand luggage ref battery.

Not long now mate till you make the move, see you when you get here

Weight restrictions for hand luggage are typically 7 to 8 kilos depending on the airline.

Not sure that they would allow the item as hand luggage ref battery.

Not long now mate till you make the move, see you when you get here

I can't wait Mac,

I will need to do a visa run after 90 days, and thought that a trip to yours would be great, Early November ok?

how to report a spammer?

edit - sorted. Used 'report' button for the first time here

Hi BboyRusty,

Thank you very much for giving me right information and time. It’s really helpful for me.

and also i agree that what you exactly want say.

Again thank you so much!

allenfred

Olu Deniz , Oludeniz Turkey

allenfred

Edited by londonthai

Dam bombarded on all accounts spammed and thread hijaked people using it as a general chit chat thread! please... thank you all that have give any helpfull info.

So its ok to have items of such nature in your lugage that goes in the hold but not as hand luggage I take it.