2023 Honda 160 ADV versus 2024 model

I was looking to buy a new 160 ADV but they only have the 2023 models in stock.  I wanted the lower seat height and the 4 valve engine for the advertised 10% increased power in all ranges.  The dealer can not tell me if it is only on the 2024 model or started in 2023?  Do any members know the answer?   Thank you

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I don't know the answer to your question. I would simply find another dealer that can supply the latest model.

I would tend to agree but in my area of Isaan Honda dealerships are limited and carry the same stock.  Here they told me the 2024 model will arrive in another 3 months - maybe.  Going to another province to purchase one can complicate things even with a cash sale. (registering and red plate wise)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, gerry1953 said:

Here they told me the 2024 model will arrive in another 3 months - maybe.

I don't think Thailand uses the North American marketing ploy of model years for vehicles starting in July the previous year. 

Motorcycles need a safety check after they are 5 years old. That 5 years is measured by the dates in the green book not the year of manufacture.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Henryford said:

ALL the ADV 160s have the 4 valve engine with increased power and lower seat height (over the ADV 150). Or save 30,000 and buy the Click 160 with the same engine and power.

Yes I always wondered what significant benefits the ADV had over the Click . Click certainly better manoeuvrability in towns and assume adv better on longer runs but as you say the same engine 

• Agree 1

On 3/18/2024 at 5:17 PM, gerry1953 said:

I would tend to agree but in my area of Isaan Honda dealerships are limited and carry the same stock.  Here they told me the 2024 model will arrive in another 3 months - maybe.  Going to another province to purchase one can complicate things even with a cash sale. (registering and red plate wise)

No it isn't. I bought mine in Bangkok and I live in Phetchabun, they shipped the bike from the shop in an enclosed pick-up to my house. They charged 2500thb. I got it with Bangkok license plate (by my request) and my actual address in Phetchabun.

17 hours ago, Chongalulu said:

Yes I always wondered what significant benefits the ADV had over the Click . Click certainly better manoeuvrability in towns and assume adv better on longer runs but as you say the same engine 

I have the Click 160 ABS and it's great around town and gets 50 km/l. But if you intend to travel outside of town maybe the ADV160 is more suitable.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I have the Click 160 ABS and it's great around town and gets 50 km/l. But if you intend to travel outside of town maybe the ADV160 is more suitable.

Bought a Click ABS late December for daughter when she starts uni in June, meantime I'm using it, 2300km so far mainly open road / highway. Will be fine for our purposes though I did like the ADV.

Shop had the Captain America and Ironman ADV160 models - think if there was a Wonder Woman one I may have been under pressure to buy for her!

There's a guy on YouTube 'Living with Serg' who has been touring Thailand on his 2023 ADV160 a lot of highway plus some dirt/gravel roads, including Bangkok to the top of the country down to Koh Chang back to Bangkok he hasn't mentioned any problems.

• Like 1

Forget about the 2024 part that is mentioned in media. The important part is 150 vs 160cc. And in Thailand we already had the 160cc version. Thailand got is earlier than some western countries. So you don't have to wait for something called 2024 model in Thailand because it would be the same engine, just maybe different colors.

• Agree 2

On 3/21/2024 at 5:15 PM, Henryford said:

ALL the ADV 160s have the 4 valve engine with increased power and lower seat height (over the ADV 150). Or save 30,000 and buy the Click 160 with the same engine and power.

Correct.... but it's a different ride feel completely, ADV has superior suspension, a mate just changed over from Click 160 to ADV 160 and he's toured on both, says ADV is better hands down.

On 3/21/2024 at 5:11 PM, Tom100 said:

I too want the 2024 for better engine. Much better than 2023 based on reviews. Dealer may not want to tell you hoping you will buy the 2023. 

23 ADV 160 is the same bike as 24, 24 model just added some new colours

• Thumbs Up 1