Termite Control Recommendations.

Hi,

Just had to replace my devoured kitchen cabinets with termite resistant concrete ones.

Next step is to get serious about  getting the the house and surrounds periodically sprayed .

Looking for Termite Control recommendations.

(I just got a quote for yearly spraying (once every 3 months) for house and gardens  for 12.5 K Bht.)

The area where I live is infested with termites.

Even though we sprayed the land before we built, they continually reappear.

Over the 20 or so years that we have lived here, we have tried many different local companies.

After year two/three, they disappeared with our annual fee.

The current one that we use (Ecopest) have been brilliant.

We have been using them for about 12 years. Not the cheapest but by far the most professional.

They come every month and spray (a must for termites) and even come on request if there is a new problem.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I'm not sure how effective spraying would be when it comes to termites. Their nests are underground and they construct tunnels to reach houses.

I think best practice is to use treated baits.

Our pest control folk use both.

40 minutes ago, beatlebones said:

Hi,

Just had to replace my devoured kitchen cabinets with termite resistant concrete ones.

Next step is to get serious about  getting the the house and surrounds periodically sprayed .

Looking for Termite Control recommendations.

(I just got a quote for yearly spraying (once every 3 months) for house and gardens  for 12.5 K Bht.)

DDT if you can find. Other than that, build with treated wood or concrete everything. Use to live in termite infested place, every wooden building, cabinets built with treated wood or a simulated composite. Best of luck 

1 hour ago, beatlebones said:

Let me clarify...

looking for recommended Termite Control Company .

Theres a load of them out there on Samui so looking to narrow down the search .

Ecopest Samui.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have recently had an infestation of termites in the Maenam area... I was advised by a large property owner to contact a company called PEST GUARD, they have been extremely professional, calling when required.

All the web site and quotation system is in English - for my 4 bed villa and grounds they quoted me 20,000 per year, calling each month to spray and lay down the bait.

I hope this helps!