triple sim mobile

Many late model phones support 5-8

eSims. 

My current phone has a single physical SIM and 2 eSims.

I cannot comment on a phone with 3 Sim slots, though 2 slots is common. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wanderer555 said:

Many late model phones support 5-8

eSims. 

My current phone has a single physical SIM and 2 eSims.

I cannot comment on a phone with 3 Sim slots, though 2 slots is common. 

This.... As most phones now support multiple eSIM's...   phones with multiple-SIM slots are less necessary. 

That said.. .how easy is to get a pre-paid E-SIM in Thailand ?

And how easy is it to switch 'roaming SIMs' (i.e. temporary SIM's we pick up in other countries) as e-SIMS.

I recently had a France eSIM (along with my Thai eSIM) which made roaming there easier. 

Op... if you mention your intended application, then you may get more specific help.

i.e. piggybacking on the above comment.

Recently... I had 3x live connections: 

1) Thai e-SIM (activated - But switched off while roaming unless I wanted an OTP then momentarily switched it on)

2) France e-SIM (used while in France)

2) Work SIM (installed in phone)

On 3/19/2024 at 4:07 PM, richard_smith237 said:

1) Thai e-SIM (activated - But switched off while roaming unless I wanted an OTP then momentarily switched it on)

Did you actually have 3 active connections? I ask as all the companies I know of limit you to 2 active connections at any time.

Was not your Thai sim dormant until activated for the OTP and did it not inactivate the French e-sim while it was active?

This is likely rather difficult to prove or disprove as you would need to receive calls on both lines while getting an OTP. 
It is certainly an interesting question and it maybe that the activation of one number can temporarily inactivate another.

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:
On 3/19/2024 at 4:07 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Did you actually have 3 active connections? I ask as all the companies I know of limit you to 2 active connections at any time.

Was not your Thai sim dormant until activated for the OTP and did it not inactivate the French e-sim while it was active?

This is likely rather difficult to prove or disprove as you would need to receive calls on both lines while getting an OTP. 
It is certainly an interesting question and it maybe that the activation of one number can temporarily inactivate another.

Good question...  I didn't have 3 active connections at the same time....

But, whenever I needed an OTP to my Thai number, it was a simple 'flick' of a (digital) switch on the phone. 

Does anyone need 3 cell connections running concurrently ? (or just the option to conveniently switch)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Good question...  I didn't have 3 active connections at the same time....

But, whenever I needed an OTP to my Thai number, it was a simple 'flick' of a (digital) switch on the phone. 

Does anyone need 3 cell connections running concurrently ? (or just the option to conveniently switch)

So far I haven’t had any need or desire for more than 2 and only 1 eSIM at once. I will in a few weeks have the opportunity to have 2 eSIMs active on my phone (Apple assures me this is an option) I will have my current AIS eSIM a GiffGaff physical or eSIM and possibly an Airalo eSIM. Time will tell

For an iPhone, while you can have multiple eSIMs installed, only 2 can be turned on/active at the same time. 

I have a US and Thai eSIM but when I travel and install another eSIM for that country, I must go to cellular settings and temporarily turn off one of my other eSIMs. 

On 3/19/2024 at 4:04 PM, richard_smith237 said:

That said.. .how easy is to get a pre-paid E-SIM in Thailand ?

No problem at AIS shop.

7 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

For an iPhone, while you can have multiple eSIMs installed, only 2 can be turned on/active at the same time. 

I have a US and Thai eSIM but when I travel and install another eSIM for that country, I must go to cellular settings and temporarily turn off one of my other eSIMs. 

Wow, big deal.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/19/2024 at 8:02 AM, luckyblock token said:

hello,

I am interested to buy a triple sim mobile, where and how can I find one, google was not very helpful

what models are available in 2024?

thanks to the experts

samsung 24 ultra  dual sim +electronic sim 3xok

=