Illegal Immigrant Workers are Taking Over Thai Jobs in Tourist Areas

webfact

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Normally it's Thai's who do all the employing of illegal workers, I cant think of any farangs who employ Burmese,

There is many Thai restaurants around Rawai with Burmese workers, mostly hotel staff around here are Burmese,

All the garderners & cleaning staff at my condo are all Burmese. The condo management are in charge of employing them. But surely they must be on some work permit?

In the Lower Sukhumvit Free Trade Zone I see foreign worker numbers/ratios that I can't see how are supported under the labour laws. I also see shops and restaurants entirely staffed with non Thais when these are protected under the labour laws..

My condo has 2 Burmese but there are four Thais also.

Edited by mokwit

21 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

My Thai inlaws are in their 70s and are up and working from the break of dawn every day of their life, and have never asked for 1 baht from anybody. Their neighbors are the same. Do you work that hard, Mister Bell?

I am 81 so no not now.  In my  20s & 30s I held THREE jobs to ensure my children had a good life.  My generalisation obviously excludes the exceptions but the general rule continues; ask any farang employer.