PM Srettha pledges two-month Thailand stay amid travel criticism

webfact

The same ignorant & contradictory criticism is made everywhere in the world (eg Oz) about leaders jetting hither and yon.

The fact is that today's connected world requires countries to meet together regularly to agree on joint action on any of a huge number of areas. Some of these meetings - whether 1-on-1 or collective - can be done now using modern technology without leaving home. But many important annual or other meetings require face-to-face. It goes with the job.

Would the People Who Complain be happy if Thailand wasn't represented at the various ASEAN meetings? or only a junior clerk was sent for the grip 'n grin with all the Heads of Government?

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

Two-month stay is fine so long as the PM organizes a trade team of senior trade advisors and economists to present and receive foreign trade offers. There is the Minister of Commerce Wechayachai who surely can recommend such a team for PM approval.

Once trade outlines are established,  the PM can travel to negotiate and execute MOU's to establish specific treaty language for ratification by respective national legislatures.

On 3/21/2024 at 11:14 AM, daveAustin said:

I don't have a problem with it. In fact, I wish he would travel a bit more... permanently would be about right.

Why do you dislike him? A bit politically naive is all I see, but I  find him far more agreeable than the last chap!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Agree 2