Thailand collaborates with Sweden and Denmark to fight corruption

webfact

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Corruption has a very safe and secure home within Thailand. 

Agree.  In EVERY walk of Thai society, corruption is endemic. 

Now is it Nature or Nurture? 

I cannot believe Thai children are born bent so they must learn it by observation.  I firmly believe that the average Thai first meets corruption by interaction at the village policeman level

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) tightens collaborations with Denmark and Sweden in a meeting with the Nordic Police Liaison Office. The goal is to develop new tactics and tackling illegal activities in accordance with the global standards for corruption.

:cheesy:

• Like 2

I believe corruption is systematic worldwide and both Thailand and other countries fight it to the best of their abilities! Humans unfortunately are flawed and succumb to easy money sometimes and it’s something that probably will never be completely gone!   But the efforts worldwide to combat corruption are to be applauded and welcomed!

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlexPattaya said:

I believe corruption is systematic worldwide and both Thailand and other countries fight it to the best of their abilities! Humans unfortunately are flawed and succumb to easy money sometimes and it’s something that probably will never be completely gone!   But the efforts worldwide to combat corruption are to be applauded and welcomed!

If you believe Thailand fights corruption I'm sorry but you are deluded. Corruption is at best overlooked and at worst encouraged. Corruption is in the fabric of those who are in a position to be corrupt. Army, govt, judiciary, police, local govt, school directors, hospital directors the list goes on. Corruption is part of Thai culture be it on the side that benefits or the side that pays. You can bet that anyone who is done for corruption here there will be the corrupt on the other side that benefits.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, mikebell said:

Agree.  In EVERY walk of Thai society, corruption is endemic. 

Now is it Nature or Nurture? 

I cannot believe Thai children are born bent so they must learn it by observation.  I firmly believe that the average Thai first meets corruption by interaction at the village policeman level

The RTP. Regressive Thai people. Leading the way for the nation. 

14 hours ago, soalbundy said:

555555555555 two of the least corrupt countries in the world and Thailand.

Under normal circumstances one would hope that they could learn by example, but I would have to be very optimistic to think that applies here. 

It is merely off Broadway theater. 

Edited by spidermike007

10 hours ago, AlexPattaya said:

There is some truth to that for instance my home nation the US is likely one of the most corrupt countries in the world when it comes to politics. Corporations and rich individuals are still allowed to fund local politics on an anonymous basis, and this has been fought at the highest level in the Supreme Court on multiple occasions. And the morally bankrupt US Supreme Court continues to side with corporations and billionaires. You are more than welcome to hide your unbelievably corrosive and corrupt funding, with the blessing of the government and the high court. Disgusting.