Does anyone have experience...

Guderian

...with getting an oil painting done from a print or poster in one of the art shops in Pattaya? I know there are lots of places that will do it for a fee, but I'm specifically asking for personal experiences and recommendations from anyone who has actually had it done in the last year or so. The print I want to get an oil painting made from is a 17th century oil-on-board landscape, so I'm after the closest and best possible reproduction of the print, which itself is very close to the actual size of the original paining in the Museum of Wales. I've tried to make it as easy as possible to make a faithful copy of the original, but now I need to find a good artist to do the job.

nmwa425.jpg

Go check the painter shops on Thappraya near balihai bridge, on west side of the road, they often have works ongoing or finished for jobs like that. Many moons ago I had a portrait painting done about a personfrom a photo. Was given as gift and was pretty good. Since then have seen some works when just stopped browsing the paintings. 

• Like 1