Bus Charter - Pattaya To Nong Khai

Orac

I would appreciate a little help/advise if anyone has any experience (or can point me in the right direction) regarding chartering coaches.

I am getting married in Nong Khai in October and need to get about 40 friends and family from Pattaya to Nong Khai (4 days/3 nights). My thoughts were to charter a coach which would be able to stay with us and shuttle us around whilst up there.

I have tried e-mailing a couple of cach companies found on the internet but no luck - I will not be back in Thailand until late Sept which would be leaving things rather late so am struggling to do anything on the spot.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Many Thanks

Orac

I've have never done it but should I want to I would say it's impossible to do reliably, if at all, from outside Thailand.

I would get your future wife to either go to the local bus station and ask around the plentiful companies that ply their services there. You see temples and schools on charter trips all the time so if she draws a blank at the bus station (which I doubt) get her to ask at the local schools or temples where they hire the coaches from. One thing you can be sure they wont have a web site. Maybe it's time for your future wife to start to earn her keep. Good luck, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thanks for reply MA

The wife to be is up in Nong Khai but I am sure she would be quite happy with a holiday in Pattaya if called for, however, I have this horrible vision of strapping my parents into a baht bus for a 12 hour trip!

My best man who was sorting this has just had to return to the UK suddenly and will not be back out there now until October hence why I am trying to do it from here.

I know this is going to cost me and am not neccesarily trying to do it on the cheap so what I am really looking for is a good recommendation for a tour organiser in Pattaya/Bangkok who would be capable of doing this (I would also need them to sort out a 2-3 day trip to Angkor Wat as well but since this would not be for so many people should be much easier).

Many Thanks for your comments.

Orac