Flight from CM to KL 'New flight is subject to government approval' ??

Hi,

I am looking at booking a flight from CM back to Australia via KL in late Novemeber. The flight I am looking at with Malaysia airlines displays this message - 'New flight, New flight is subject to government approval'.

They are taking bookings for the flight so Am I correct in assuming approval is merely a formality? I have never seen this message before. there appear to be CM to KL flights most days of the week

My other option is to go CM to BKK, BKK to KL and then get the same flight from KL to Australia I would be getting with the CM flight. It is more time consuming to do it this way but I dont want to book and get stuck paying through the nose for another flight if this flight does not get approved.

Advice appreciated, thanks

On 3/29/2024 at 9:19 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

Malaysia changed rules since december, need to apply online to go few days before, similar to europeans visit usa.

One wonders what moron laughed about my comment, as it is simply the new way it is.

• Haha 2

On 3/29/2024 at 6:51 AM, willfreeman said:

flight from CM back to Australia via KL in late Novemeber

I would not rush to book that early.

Is the flight KL to Australia on Malaysian?

Wait for "government approval".

If you book before and it's not approved I bet you will have a long wait for your money back.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I would not rush to book that early.

Is the flight KL to Australia on Malaysian?

Wait for "government approval".

If you book before and it's not approved I bet you will have a long wait for your money back.

Was booking early to secure best prices. apparently CM to KL is a new route for Malaysia airlines. Flights on that route only begin around that time. I dnt travel that much so was unsure if government approval for a flight was an issue or not

On 3/29/2024 at 9:19 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

Malaysia changed rules since december, need to apply online to go few days before, similar to europeans visit usa.

No, you can apply literally as you're standing in front of immigration if you want. 

On 3/31/2024 at 3:23 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

One wonders what moron laughed about my comment, as it is simply the new way it is.

Someone who read the OP and realises the poster has no intentions of entering Malaysia and is only transiting there, and who also realises the point made by Highlandman above is correct if the OP has to enter for any reason.

6 hours ago, treetops said:

Someone who read the OP and realises the poster has no intentions of entering Malaysia and is only transiting there, and who also realises the point made by Highlandman above is correct if the OP has to enter for any reason.

Has again zero to do with the actual question and answer, you must be a bunch of old trolls with no life, that kill their own playground (this site) with a slow death. Hope you and your palls, the miserable answers and comment writers here, realize, that they will stop paying for the server, the less people come here. It's already half the visitors since just 2 years ago.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 3/31/2024 at 3:15 PM, Highlandman said:

No, you can apply literally as you're standing in front of immigration if you want. 

That is a temporary exemption, in most cases you won't even be allowed to board a plane abroad. Another misleading nonsense comment. This because they introduced it out of nowhere and in a rush, even during the start of the high season (last year).

So for anyone reading this in a few months: YOU DO need to apply upfront, and then you can fly to Malaysia without issues. Don't listen to these old sheeps, it's gonna cost you a flight. This will soon be worldwide btw, also in Europe by 2025-2026.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

The airline will provide enhanced connectivity from its main hub in Kuala Lumpur with new direct flights to MLE, DAD and CNX with tickets available for sale beginning 22 March 2024. The airline will commence its daily flights to MLE beginning 1 August 2024; daily flights to DAD beginning 24 September 2024 and five times weekly flights to CNX beginning 15 August 2024.

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/th/th/mh-media-centre-old/news-releases/2024/strategic-global-partnership-new-destinations-a330neo-seats.html

I assume that wording is just standard boilerplate, which may or may not impact the overriding Contract of Carriage.

It's probably a safe option, and you have ~ three months "history". I assume MH would offer rerouting options if the CNX-KUL flight were to be canceled. Just stay on top of your rez.

6 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Has again zero to do with the actual question and answer, you must be a bunch of old trolls with no life, that kill their own playground (this site) with a slow death. Hope you and your palls, the miserable answers and comment writers here, realize, that they will stop paying for the server, the less people come here. It's already half the visitors since just 2 years ago.

So you were wrong, maybe realise it now but still refuse to admit it, and throw in some clutter about age and quality of replies when you are the only one so far to have posted something totally off topic in the thread which asked about whether the government approval for a flight is likely to be a formality or not.

For other readers who may have higher comprehension levels, the OP wants to fly from CNX to somewhere in Australia and has no need to enter Malaysia.  The system being introduced is only for those entering Malaysia though immigration channels and will allow them to use the auto-gates on future visits.