buying & shipping goods from AUS to Chiang Mai

My wife and I are tired of the low quality vacuum cleaners available in Thailand.

We want to import one from Australia so we won't need to convert the voltage.

Unfortunately, the Shark company don't sell what we want in Thailand and won't ship here.

I also spoke to Australian stores that sell them and they seem unwilling to sell to me if my plans are to ship it via 3rd party to Thailand.

There are freight forwarding companies that will receive the item and then send to me in Thailand.

Has anyone used such a company to get Australian goods to Thailand?

Can you recommend or share any concerns about the process?

Go to a good shop and look at Electrolux, the good models range from 5,000-10,000 baht and come with good warranties. Dont buy inferior products. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, marin said:

Go to a good shop and look at Electrolux, the good models range from 5,000-10,000 baht and come with good warranties. Dont buy inferior products. 

I have looked at many shops and I do already have an Electrolux.  It's a corded upright and works fine for simple tile floor vacuuming.

Unfortunately, we have carpets and a dog that sheds a lot once a year.  Our current vacuum has a brush in the head but that brush is only driven by the suction the vacuum cleaner creates.  We would like a vacuum with a brush driven by a motor for better results on carpets.  This vacuum's suction is also weak and the included tools are junk.  I already had to go through a protracted discussion with Electrolux before they would give me a replacement.  Their design of the handle and extreme cost cutting use of cheap plastic everywhere lead to the handle breaking in half.  No replacement part is available.

It seems there isn't a market for higher quality vacuums in Thailand.  I did find an imported vacuum (Danish) with a motor driven brush but the reviews were poor and the price high with no attendant improvement in overall quality.

2 hours ago, Trippy said:

Why does it have to be from Australia? I just checked Amazon UK and there are many Shark vacuum cleaners that ship to Thailand. 

Thanks for that suggestion.  I struggled a bit getting my order through using my US credit card, but hopefully our new vacuum will arrive by April 15th.  Amazon UK makes it easy to get purchases to Thailand.

I didn't think to check UK.  I assumed shipping would be easier/quicker/cheaper from Australia.

• Love It 1