Songkran water throwing

Nik23

16 hours ago, Nik23 said:

Do we know if the water throwing will be for the whole duration of the event ( 10 days ) ?

By tradition it is usually the last day. But like all traditions it gets extended.   A bit like guy Fawkes Night, firs and fireworks days before the %th.

2 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Depends on where you are.

Best is the deep south, only one day. Bangkok only 3 days. Isan for a week. Pattaya forever. 

A trip to Cambodia to escape this BS, maybe. 

Bang Saray just the 20th.

19 hours ago, Nik23 said:

Do we know if the water throwing will be for the whole duration of the event ( 10 days ) ?

Girls in the loy krow area sre preparing themselves for 10 days of water chucking.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:39 PM, Nik23 said:

Usually, it is one day however with the tourists expect it to be Saturday and Sunday.

In Patts, for some reason they have added 19 April

Friday mat be a wild card depending on where you are IE silom Beach Road walking street Khosan

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Girls in the loy krow area sre preparing themselves for 10 days of water chucking.

What do they do to prepare themselves?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Usually in CM city on the 12th the water throwing starts around the moat area .. Bangkok tourists and westerners .. then 13th 14th and 15th the full on Songkran daily till dusk 

In the sticks if you ride a bike you will get water thrown at you by kids  2-3 days earlier

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

14 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So are they all ready wet, or just a little moist?  :coffee1:

How sick are you really?

Edited by Bill97
Change auto correct error
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, still kicking said:

So, will I get wet? I arrive on the 9th but will leave on the 17th.

Yes - pretty much guaranteed if you go out where there are people. Especially kids.

Just put your phone and money in a plastic bag.

Then smile and say thank you when you are 'blessed'.

Edited by Tropicalevo

Chiang Mai governor already explained that 'Songkran' is seen as a event by government to promote Thailand, hence it was said to last a few weeks now. This is not for water playing but events in general aka another Bangkok failure idea.

The actual and official holiday however is not changed at all, the same goes for water playing which will be 13, 14 and 15 only. Gonna be hiding all 3 days to be honest, the pollution fked me enough this year to never want to experience that again too.

Not really interested in people throwing dirty water on me, to get rid of their aggression fueled by alcohol, to then get sick after.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Chip on shoulder, much? Likely your own sad brethren too, and if you're a Brit shame on you 😛.

These threads are always the same... typically boring boomers whining about a fun loving, cultured festival that they will never understand or be a part of, but mostly because they might get wet. Gawd! If I ever get into such a miserable state, I would sooner jump in a river. If you're that put out and closed shop, either stay in your room or get back off home.

Info wise; main centres where tourists are a thing (like CM), it will be multiple days. Having lived there, it was traditionally a week before and a week after before it dried up. Normal places (like deep South) will just be Sat 13th during the day.

You are missing something here. It's not traditionally a water fight. The traditional way is to pour a bowl of water gently down the back. Nobody is drunk or tossing water.

• Confused 1