E-extension 30 days within Thailand

As of being in between of passports and visa's I am currently back here on a 30 day on arrival visa. I checked this e-extension again and knowing my visa ends during songkran, I decided to give it a shot, as that is still better than sitting around immigration for 4-5 hours (if lucky) with 40 celcius sun. So I am supposed to get my stamp in '3 minutes' tomorrow  but so far I have still not received any final confirmation.

They asked me to re-upload photos the second day already, my entry stamp was not clear enough according to them. Fine, after the website failed 5 times, it seemed to have worked, but I could not verify after that. Secondly I could not reach them in any other way, their email address even bounces return to sender sometimes. 

I then got a new email again yesterday... The TM30 was fine, but as there is no end date (on purpose, its my house), I needed to fill another TM30 again, with an end date, any date.... So I did again, and silence since. There is no way to see my current uploaded documents, they do not confirm to have received the new files as well, they just leave you in the dark essentially. To then bounce emails back while the email is the only contact solution, no words left.

To conclude: I am seriously starting to doubt I even get the stamp tomorrow, if at all, so that could be 1900 + 500 baht down the drain and forcing me to still do the entire process and pay again, at the local office. But if it did work out, I will for sure let you guys know. Just unreal how poor developed that system is they use with VFS Global, as a programmer, I could make something way better in like 3-4 weeks time. Guess someone became a millionaire hiring Indians.

The documents needed for these online applications are:
1) Photo of passport cover (do not ask me why, they never ask this anywhere else)
2) Photo of passport bio page
3) Photo of the entry stamp page as a photo showing 2 pages total, else not good enough
4) Photo of TM30 report with start and end date, regardless of your plans
5) Photo of yourself, basically a photo of a visa picture

Edited by ChaiyaTH

To add: knowing how miserable this likely is going to end, I already prepared all documents, to still apply traditionally and pay again, if no update by today. To also add: they confirmed all my documents and initial checks to do this extension were fine, except to complain over no end date in the TM30 screenshot + then go dark.

I did 2 of these in December.  Once you finally get the documents sorted to their satisfaction it does seem to go quiet, but not for long.  Within a short period I had 2 mails confirming that the application had now been forwarded to immigration followed an hour or so later with confirmation of their approval.  So with any luck by this afternoon you'll have the same.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

....oh, and when they do send the approval you'll have 5 documents to print to take along with you, hopefully you are near a printer.

Seriously? I already read this in a rare other post as well, I hoped that to be false news... The entire point of providing the documents they asked, is the same as those documents again printed regardless? WTF! And let me guess, on top of that i still have to fill in the application form as usual then too? Then there is like zero difference while they charged me 500 baht more. Only benefit might be, if it is even busy, I'd still be in and out in 30 minutes.

As of expecting the worst I have already printed all the usual required documents, so I guess i will be good with that, but would suck to still have to fill out the normal application form with photo on top again too...

I was thinking this would be all dealt online, as all they basically need (even they don't need half of what i did need to provide), and it would then be like, he is checked: quick photo + stamp and out + paperless. The way it is in reality it doesn't make sense to charge the entire sum upfront as well, just the service fee would be enough then and pay the 1900 baht on location, if you still need to bring papers as usual too...

Next time I will save the 500 baht and spend it on beers out of frustration once done. I feel kind of scammed, like paying an agent to arrange your bus ticket while it turns out to be same as buying on counter.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Seriously, why even bother at this point? It's a shoddy process, you STILL need to attend immigration and you pay extra for the "privilege".

I'd just get an online appointment instead. That cuts down the time spent at immigration significantly and is free of charge.

5 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

And let me guess, on top of that i still have to fill in the application form as usual then too?

Good news for you, one of the documents is the TM7 application, and better still they will have filled it in for you!  Worth the 500 baht in itself.

22 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Good news for you, one of the documents is the TM7 application, and better still they will have filled it in for you!  Worth the 500 baht in itself.

Still not received any email so guess just gonna show up regardless, what a joke.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Upnotover said:

The fact they still require and need that is pathetic in the first place, this is just a legitimate new way of scamming people of bribe money for 'additional' service. Service I never received and paid 2400 baht for (1900 visa fee and 500 fee). Thailand deserves misery and they will get it, it already started anyway.

Started the application way in time, supplied all documents, they confirmed this was even fine with the ''immigration official'' except my TM30 file, which was provided too, no reply, while my meeting is due in like 14 hours. Pathetic, they lost the last 1% respect I had for them, fk them really. Rather leave.

All I ever said, and was fought down for by the local dementia old retirees, turned out to be right, since before covid started, and I signed up. I can't recall a Single point I made, that not turned out to be truth and reality. I can only wish to be wrong. This includes the clot shots most oldies here got.

No wonder foreigners lynch Thais left and right, I feel like that by now myself too. Ready for the first trying me out, to KO him. The irony of it all, is that almost anyone I speak who is 18-25-28 (students mainly), fully agree with me / us.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

8 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

No wonder foreigners lynch Thais left and right, I feel like that by now myself too. Ready for the first trying me out, to KO him.

That certainly isn't a very healthy attitude. I do get your frustration with Thai immigration, but try to take it less seriously or move on?