Multi non O visa from Savanakhet for parent / marriage still available?

Got a mate came back to Thailand working away back home and re entered Thailand on a tourist visa as he only expected to be here for a few weeks and had an unexpected issue with his wife....now ex wife. Your imagination is serving you correctly. Anyway, since divorced last week and has full custody of the kids. He needs to stay here for a while in the short / medium term...maybe long term but he's only on a tourist visa atm. I think already extended and renewed. So he needs a longer term visa get the kids Aussie passports etc sorted out. Ive told him about the parental visa but not sure he has the 400k funds. A couple of questions and prefer answers from people have recent experience rather than motherly advice..

1) Is it still possible to get a multi non O parental visa from Savanakhet? Used to be only had to show a birth certificate and no need for money in the bank etc. I heard they either stopped doing them or made it more strict where you had to have the children's mother present and / or funds in the bank. Just talking to a mate of mine reckons he did a non O multi last July for marriage all he did was show marriage certificate and copy wife's ID and Tabien baan. No money in the bank and no wife present. Having wife present or her details should logically be a moot point for my friend as he has divorced from his wife and he has full legal custody of the children. Anyone done a non O multi recently for parent or a wife visa?

2) Plan B....Is it possible to do a first application parental visa through an agent? I remember my first parent visa an awful lot of paperwork, photos with 3 or 4 witnesses, witnesses interviews at immigration etc. For this reason I am not sure if a parent visa can be obtained through an agent particularly the first application which is a lot more convoluted

I am sure I have read many times on this site last year or 2 the Multi non O parent or marriage visa from Savkhet was either a dead duck or much more difficult to obtain now. In fact I know a guy was doing it for years and went back to Australia this year to live as he was out of visa options.......Any first hand knowledge greatly appreciated

Edited by Kenny202

As usual regarding information these types of visa's on AN a mish mash of you can and you can't or the threads assume everyone is British. Really looking for a straightforward answer from someone who has recent experience. Aware of the normal child visa requiring 400k in the bank etc, I have one myself. In this case looking at the Non O, multiple entry from Savanakhet. Another friend says he has been on multi Non O for marriage since last June and had made successful exits / entries since then (renewing soon) so I assume the Non O multi Family may be still available also? Same conditions as the old one....wife doesn't need to be present, only ID and TB copies, no requirement for money in the bank etc.

My friend sent an email to Sav Consulate last night and from my experience they usually respond clearly and quickly. We will see what they say re availability / requirements and will report back here on this post 🙂

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Another friend says he has been on multi Non O for marriage since last June and had made successful exits / entries since then (renewing soon) so I assume the Non O multi Family may be still available also? Same conditions as the old one....wife doesn't need to be present, only ID and TB copies, no requirement for money in the bank etc.

Your friend will find the requirements for the Non Imm O ME visa for Thai spouse has now changed at Savannahket, requiring 400K THB in a Thai bank account for 2 months (same requirements as for a 1-year extension) prior to submitting the application. The single entry Non Imm O is still available without proof of funds for the moment.

• Love It 1

55 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Your friend will find the requirements for the Non Imm O ME visa for Thai spouse has now changed at Savannahket, requiring 400K THB in a Thai bank account for 2 months (same requirements as for a 1-year extension) prior to submitting the application. The single entry Non Imm O is still available without proof of funds for the moment.

Thanks so much for your reply. How long does the single entry Non O allow you to stay for? Can it be perpetually renewed without question or they will pull you up after 2 or 3 renewals?

2 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Thanks so much for your reply. How long does the single entry Non O allow you to stay for?

90 days, but you can extend for a further 60 days to visit Thai spouse/family, so almost 5 months stay.

2 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Can it be perpetually renewed without question or they will pull you up after 2 or 3 renewals?

That as yet is unknown, but my own personal guess is they will restrict it to 2 applications per annum, and possibly not back to back, before making a notation in your passport.

Edited by Liquorice

I got an email back for Sav Thai consulate today. Very brief only said you can apply for a single entry family Non Imm O visa....I did ask for the 12 month ME. They didn't say it wasn't available but only suggested a 3 month single entry...so I assume the 12 month ME a dead duck. Here is the info I got off their website. Looks like the requirements / form are the same for parent or spouse...only that spouse needs marriage cert and parent needs birth cert

Non - Immigrant Visa "O" (Visiting family member of a Thai nationality, a spouse of Thai national)

วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 20 ก.ย. 2562

วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 26 เม.ย. 2566

| 18,783 view

Non-Immigrant Visa "O" is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for the purpose of visiting family member of a Thai nationality, a spouse of Thai national. The validity of visa is 3 months. The permitted length of stay is up to 90 days from the date of arrival in Thailand.

Required documents

1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original and a copy of passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. Original and a copy of marriage certificate (for spouse/parent) or birth certificate (for child).
  5. A copy of Thai identification card (for spouse/parent)
  6. A copy of passport (for spouse/parent)
  7. A copy of Thai House registration
  8. Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

Notes:

• Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
  • Visa Fee must be paid in Thai Baht only, Visa Fees are not refundable in any cases.
  • Legal migration procedures: In case a false or forged document is submitted in the framework of a visa application the visa will be refused and may be prosecuted.
  • The applicant must sign on each page of copies of documents.

On 4/8/2024 at 9:12 AM, Liquorice said:

Where do you find that it must be in a Thai bank  for 2 months. I have seen no report of this.