60 day application

I am currently filling in my 60 day visa application,(UK)  on the form there's the question, what are my travel dates?, my dates are for 4 months Nov-Feb, the travel document is also uploaded, when I enter the dates it automatically shows up as 120 days, do they accept I can/will be extending from 60 to 120,  can I expect problems from the embassy?

Edited by pinkbob
reword

23 minutes ago, pinkbob said:

I am currently filling in my 60 day visa application,(UK)  on the form there's the question, what are my travel dates?, my dates are for 4 months Nov-Feb, the travel document is also uploaded, when I enter the dates it automatically shows up as 120 days, do they accept I can/will be extending from 60 to 120,  can I expect problems from the embassy?

So you are applying for a 60 day visa and trying to put in a stay of 120 days . Expect problems with your application.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, mlkik said:

So you are applying for a 60 day visa and trying to put in a stay of 120 days . Expect problems with your application.

Exactly, the application form has been updated, because I have applied before for 60 days with a 90 day flight booking, but then if I remember correctly the length of stay never showed when flight details were entered, now they do...just thought as I was typing, I could get one of these onward tickets, I've done that before too!

9 minutes ago, pinkbob said:

, I could get one of these onward tickets, I've done that before too!

You could do that or a cheap throw away ticket.

Is upload of flight required or just date? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Both...when you enter flight dates its auto showing the amount of days.....I have just written to Thai embassy for clarification, there is tons of time...will let you know, thnx for your input

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I am facing a similar issue with the alignment of visa dates and plane ticket dates.

I plan to travel to Thailand, initially on a 30-day visa exemption, which I intend to convert to a Non-O visa and then extend for retirement purposes.

Since I need to return home later in the year for a wedding, I will be buying a return ticket that extends way beyond the 30-day exemption period.

My concern is whether immigration will allow entry into Thailand with a return ticket that exceeds the 30-day visa exemption, or if I will need to purchase a cheap throw away ticket that coincides with the 30-day exemption period.

5 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

My concern is whether immigration will allow entry into Thailand with a return ticket that exceeds the 30-day visa exemption, or if I will need to purchase a cheap throw away ticket that coincides with the 30-day exemption period.

Your problem wouldn't be with Thai immigration on arrival.

It could occur with airline requiring onward flight at check in.

You have few options.

Google companies such as "onwardticket.com " 

Buy cheapest onward throw away ticket.

BTW: You are not obtaining the Non O in Jomtien? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your problem wouldn't be with Thai immigration on arrival.

It could occur with airline requiring onward flight at check in.

You have few options.

Google companies such as "onwardticket.com " 

Buy cheapest onward throw away ticket.

BTW: You are not obtaining the Non O in Jomtien? 

Thanks Jack.

Onward looks surprising cheap are they legit? Single or return?

No Ranong Immigration.

Why is there a just a localised problem in Jomtien?

6 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Thanks Jack.

Onward looks surprising cheap are they legit? Single or return?

No Ranong Immigration.

Why is there a just a localised problem in Jomtien?

If you use "onward ticket" or similar that works fine.

Yes legit.

My reference to Jomtien was that immigration office was requiring 2 months of seasoning for the Non O application. 

That is wrong it only needs to be account day of application.  

Assume you have Thai bank account

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you use "onward ticket" or similar that works fine.

Yes legit.

My reference to Jomtien was that immigration office was requiring 2 months of seasoning for the Non O application. 

That is wrong it only needs to be account day of application.  

Assume you have Thai bank account

Yes, I have already have a Thai bank from years ago.

Thanks for your help!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, pinkbob said:

do they accept I can/will be extending from 60 to 120, 

You can only extend your stay by 30 days at Immigration, unless you have a Thai spouse.

For 120 day stay, you'll have to make a border run for a further 30 day visa exempt entry, otherwise.

I applied for a Tourist visa from London in November last year. If I remember correctly you have to enter your flight dates and flight number. I did not have to submit proof of an actual flight booking,only the dates and flight number for departure.

As I fly KLM regular I remembered the flight number. My visa was issued and I then booked a flight on a different day.

4 hours ago, LosLobo said:

I am facing a similar issue with the alignment of visa dates and plane ticket dates.

I plan to travel to Thailand, initially on a 30-day visa exemption, which I intend to convert to a Non-O visa and then extend for retirement purposes.

Since I need to return home later in the year for a wedding, I will be buying a return ticket that extends way beyond the 30-day exemption period.

Why not apply for a Non -O single entry in your own country before you go ? 

40 minutes ago, mlkik said:

I applied for a Tourist visa from London in November last year. If I remember correctly you have to enter your flight dates and flight number. I did not have to submit proof of an actual flight booking,only the dates and flight number for departure.

As I fly KLM regular I remembered the flight number. My visa was issued and I then booked a flight on a different day.

I double checked before this reply, need to enter on the form...date of arrival/departure, length of stay automatically comes up, which in my case is 120 days....flight number...copy of travel booking confirmation...

1 hour ago, pinkbob said:

I double checked before this reply, need to enter on the form...date of arrival/departure, length of stay automatically comes up, which in my case is 120 days....flight number...copy of travel booking confirmation...

Sorry to be clear I suggest putting a fictional date that is within 60 days then you will have your visa issued.

The travel dates are not on the visa that is issued.

November last year I provied a fully refundable hotel booking with Agoda that I later cancelled.

Edited by mlkik

15 minutes ago, mlkik said:

Sorry to be clear I suggest putting a fictional date that is within 60 days then you will have your visa issued.

The travel dates are not on the visa that is issued.

November last year I provied a fully refundable hotel booking with Agoda that I later cancelled.

How will a fictional date work IF the OP is required to upload an air ticket that doesn't show the same dates?

I'm possibly confused (!) but from memory, I wasn't required to enter travel dates but was required to state number of days and upload a ticket.

This was also November 2023, London, Tourist Visa

11 minutes ago, VBF said:

How will a fictional date work IF the OP is required to upload an air ticket that doesn't show the same dates?

I'm possibly confused (!) but from memory, I wasn't required to enter travel dates but was required to state number of days and upload a ticket.

This was also November 2023, London, Tourist Visa

I was not required to upload a flight ticket only to provide flight number.

Posted (edited)

Gentlemen I can assure you...arr/dep travel dates are required(the stay duration then shows auto)...Flight number is required.....travel document is required.  

I have plenty of time before my long stay...I am in Thailand in a couple weeks, I will make enquiries while I'm there..

Edited by pinkbob
update
  • Thumbs Up 1

Update: Getting a 60day onward ticket is no problem for the purpose of getting a visa.... now I have the worry of how check-in would react when they see my ticket is for 120Days..😒

5 hours ago, pinkbob said:

Update: Getting a 60day onward ticket is no problem for the purpose of getting a visa.... now I have the worry of how check-in would react when they see my ticket is for 120Days..😒

With a visa check in with airline should not be an issue. 

Flying visa exempt can gain their attention

• Like 2

I usually book a ticket with the 60 day’s interval. Then when the visa is approved, or when arrived in Thailand, I go online on the air company website and change departure date. Normally, if you choose the same day and time on another date, you will get the same price and will not be charged extra and no extra fees. Works on Star Alliance and Thai Airway. Hope it is useful😇

• Like 1