Bangkok Boosts Safety for Songkran Festival

snoop1130

908aa599ea22774833d31c6ab88605d9.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Bangkok is gearing up for the upcoming Songkran festival, with over 1,600 officials and volunteers, including firefighters and medical personnel, preparing to ensure the safety of tourists in Phra Nakhon district's popular spots such as Khao San and Silom roads. The “Maha Songkran World Water Festival 2024” will take place at Sanam Luang, while the Songkran beauty pageant is scheduled at Santi Chai Prakan Park on Phra Athit road.

To enhance security, the district office plans to install CCTV cameras equipped with artificial intelligence and set up emergency booths along Khao San road before the celebration begins. 

Khao San Business Association President Sanga Ruangwattanakul said the Songkran event on Khao San road this year will feature five floating Buddha statues with holy water from five renowned temples in the city. The road will be closed to vehicles from April 13–15 to allow revelers to enjoy the festivities until 9 p.m., after which local businesses will resume normal operations.

In Bang Rak district, Silom road will be closed from Sala Daeng to the Silom-Narathiwat intersection from noon to midnight on April 13 and 14 for a special event co-organized by local authorities and the Culture Ministry.

Culture Minister Sermsak Pongpanich announced that the government-organized Songkran festivities will commence on April 11 in Bangkok and other key cities, including Samut Prakan, Chon Buri, Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Khon Kaen. The ministry also supports events at four World Heritage sites across the country.

The Tourism and Sports Ministry anticipates the 2024 Songkran holiday will generate 52.5 billion baht in tourism-related revenue.

By Krajangwit Johjit

Source: NNT 2024-04-08

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

PPNew1000.jpg

air quality is perfect for celebrating  ?

oh forget about Chang Mai.........well done Thailand  - a hub that you can claim as accurate - well done

i am sure there is a massive exit out of the country right now, why not publish the actual figures

you think sonkran as it is now is what people want for 5 days, I want to respect traditional culture, I will stay in my room for 6 daya, I don't want to take part in a shambolic cluster ### that is disrespectful to traditions going back 100,s of years, what i see now is shameful

Edited by smedly

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

with over 1,600 officials and volunteers, including firefighters and medical personnel, preparing to ensure the safety of tourists in Phra Nakhon district's popular spots such as Khao San and Silom roads.

16 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

OK. Someone explain to me what a CCTV camera equipped with artificial intelligence does compared to a non-AI camera.

I guess that because the Police were not mentioned in the original post , they must be the Artificial Intelligence ?

• Haha 1