Pros/cons Of Dating A Burmese Girl?

dubwise

Girl works at a fallafel place near to me. Really lovely girl, very pretty, great english, great personality... but she's from Burma. Now I presume she's working here illegally and could be deported if caught... but ###### she's nice and I want to ask her out! Am I mad?

If she speaks english well then you know she has been around a bit. Probably not as naive as you think. If she is as pretty as you say she has has plenty of experiences with farangs am sure. Check her out do not get sucked in. It is a bit of a paradox here-the ones who speak english well are the most experienced dealing with farangs and that is not always a good thing--if you know what I mean. But the fact that she may be illegal may even the ground for you.

Girl works at a fallafel place near to me. Really lovely girl, very pretty, great english, great personality... but she's from Burma. Now I presume she's working here illegally and could be deported if caught... but ###### she's nice and I want to ask her out! Am I mad?

Name? Location? Phone number? I'll go check it out for you and will make sure its fully legal. :o

If she speaks english well then you know she has been around a bit. Probably not as naive as you think. If she is as pretty as you say she has has plenty of experiences with farangs am sure. Check her out do not get sucked in. It is a bit of a paradox here-the ones who speak english well are the most experienced dealing with farangs and that is not always a good thing--if you know what I mean. But the fact that she may be illegal may even the ground for you.

How do you work that one out, Burma was the only British colony in SE Asia and ENglish is integrated into their educational system and language, I'm not sure that your stating that i) she's pretty and ii) she can speak some English, somehow classes her as a seasoned prostitute is particularly helpful or accurate. I'm sure if the OP wanted bar stool "I've been here 2 months, I know the score" nonsense, he could go have a drink in any local pub.

How do you work that one out, Burma was the only British colony in SE Asia and ENglish is integrated into their educational system and language, I'm not sure that your stating that i) she's pretty and ii) she can speak some English, somehow classes her as a seasoned prostitute is particularly helpful or accurate. I'm sure if the OP wanted bar stool "I've been here 2 months, I know the score" nonsense, he could go have a drink in any local pub.

You're right. In fact, most bargirls, let's face it, speak crap English. But I also think the original thread starter is a bit shy. No offense, but if you have to ask on a public forum how to get your girlfriend to kiss you - YOU'RE SHY! Nothing wrong with that, though. As for the Burmese girl you're asking about, just give it a try. You can discuss it all you want on the forum here and she'll end up dating another guy. So if you're serious, stand up right now and go talk to her. Otherwise, forget about it.

I think too many men believe that these exotic women are a different species of human.

In fact, your Burmese is just a woman like any other, on a similar mission and with similar wants and needs.

And make no mistake, OP, she'll dictate the terms whether you're aware of it or not.

It's up to you to read sign and decide if you want to go along or leave her be.

• 11 years later...
On 7/25/2007 at 7:58 AM, LaoPo said:

Why would you be mad?

Love has no boundaries...go for it and help her to solve eventual problems.

The fact that she speaks great English and has a great personality says something about her; don't loose her, you #diot.. :o

LaoPo

Waste of time. Find a nice Thai bar girl. BTW. Is she Rohinga?

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Wow, an answer 11 years later!

That must be a record.

I was surprised also; very curious how that relationship went on and how many kids they have now ???? ????

On 7/25/2007 at 1:55 PM, petercool said:

For all we know you might not be here legally either....:o

You will never know more about her unless you talk to her.

Burmese, Bagladeshi, Bahraini, British ... who cares ?

It's 2007 and worse thing can happen than dating her, assuming that happens.

Why are you bothering to date a girl in Thailand? Is it just for cheap Charlie sex? Burmese girls whether muslim or Buddhist are notoriously puritanical and conservative. She's here to work and probably has known a life of terrible suffering and the last thing she needs is foolish westerners like you bothering her. This is Thailand. You pay for female company unless marriage is your intention.

You just can't compare Burmese women to Thai women. Apples and oranges. Few Westerners have married Burmese. Burmese brides abroad are mostly married to ethnic Chinese men. Go to the Chinese KTV bars in Yaowarat and Silom, and you'll see that they're filled with women from Shan State, Burma catering to Chinese clients. No white guys in sight. These girls are often very fluent in Chinese but speak no English.

Another very common phenomenon in Thailand is that of Burmese women, particularly Shan women, marrying Thai men. They get residency and even Thai citizenship in the process.

Just be aware that many Burmese desperately want to get out of their country to live in yours, unlike many Thais who would prefer to stay in Thailand. Beware more of passport diggers more than gold diggers.

On 9/29/2018 at 2:57 AM, The manic said:

Why are you bothering to date a girl in Thailand? Is it just for cheap Charlie sex? Burmese girls whether muslim or Buddhist are notoriously puritanical and conservative. She's here to work and probably has known a life of terrible suffering and the last thing she needs is foolish westerners like you bothering her. This is Thailand. You pay for female company unless marriage is your intention.

This is why many Burmese women are great wife material. A few Burmese and Cambodian women in Thailand have been interested in me, but they are serious about it and are marriage-minded. This was why I politely declined, because once you start "dating," they will announce to their families that they have found a suitable fianceé. To Burmese (and Indian and Chinese) women, dating means going on a serious quest to find a marriage partner. Do not bring shame to her and her family if you are not similarly minded.

Keep in mind that Burma is more similar to India and China in many respects. In fact, Burma was part of British India, while the Chinese border regions are actually part of the Sinosphere.

Thais and Laotians have a different mindset. The dating culture is more laissez-faire. In fact, Burmese people in Thailand are sometimes shocked by the loose dating culture here.