Dominican Republic

im from Dominican Republic what i have to do to stay in thailand. I dont have a clue, im network+ certified, with experience working in banks with AS400, so i also want to know were i can search for a job in computers area.

im from Dominican Republic what i have to do to stay in thailand. I dont have a clue, im network+ certified, with experience working in banks with AS400, so i also want to know were i can search for a job in computers area.

You need to find the job first so that you can produce a letter offering employment so that you can apply for a visa. One further complication is that Thailand has no diplomatic post in your country. A travel agent there could tell you where to apply once you have a job.

You don't say how old you are, or how many years expereince.

The more experience you the have the easier it will be.

Do some research, find out which companies use AS400

quite a few, I should think.

Write them letters along with your CV and offer to come for interview at your own expense. Then plan a holiday here to attend any interviews you are offered.

You might be lucky, it worked for me, but that was 20 years ago.

However remember there are quite a few experienced Thais in the market as well.

I think you will need a better track record than that.

Any employer has to show that you have qualities that canot be found amongst the Thai applicants.

I seriously doubt that you will meet that requirement.

Sorry

You might be better off going freelance in Europe and working for 6 months, then take the money to Thailand and spend it while sitting on the beach. It's what I do and I prefer to have 6 months off a year in Thailand and spend 6 months working than spend all 12 months working in Bangkok. Especially as I live in Samui, gets me away from the small-island syndrome.