Buying Spare Parts In Bangkok(copies Or 2nd Hand)

I'm going down to Bangkok and need to buy a new back light for my Mazda.

The way it is broken I need to change the left light and the entire middle bit -see photo.

I was quoted over 20,000 by one place and that is too much for a bit of broken plastic.

Is there any place I can get a 2nd hand one or a copy in Bangkok, Ayudhya, Rangsit?

Or anyplace that you recommend can fix it up somehow - every garage in Khon Kaen is not interested.

post-11421-1185357893_thumb.jpg

Hey Neeranam,

The best place for 2nd hand Jap parts is Chaeng Khong on Bangna Trat Rd near the junction of Khing Kaew Road.

A 2nd lamp shouldnt cost anymore than 2k baht maximum.

Chaeng Khong is made up of approx 150 2nd hand car parts shops and finding your lamp wont be a problem.

If you need directions,let me know.

Regards,

Sky.

Another area with loads of used parts that is probably easier to access is located off of Bantathong Road, number 1 on the map. If you can't find it there is probably isn't available. This area is pretty close to Hualomphong Station and only a 40 Baht cab ride away.

For new parts and some used go to the Worachak area, number 2 on the map. About 50-60 Baht by cab from Hualomphong, or you can bus it. You can find the bus number that passes Worachak at the info desk near the cab stand.

post-11211-1185382471_thumb.jpg

Edited by qualtrough

Hey Neeranam,

The best place for 2nd hand Jap parts is Chaeng Khong on Bangna Trat Rd near the junction of Khing Kaew Road.

A 2nd lamp shouldnt cost anymore than 2k baht maximum.

Chaeng Khong is made up of approx 150 2nd hand car parts shops and finding your lamp wont be a problem.

If you need directions,let me know.

Regards,

Sky.

Cheers Sky - I'll be in Chonburi for a few days so that might be good. I don't know khing kaew road. Which 'kilometre' is it on?

Is it BangNa, Bang Plee, Bang Bo?

qualtrough - thanks too, I try there 2nd if needed.

Hi Neeranam,

If youre coming into Bangna from Chonburi,look out for a Tesco-Lotus and a HomePro on the left hand side.Its in the BangPlee area and will have a flyover across Bangna-Trat joining the 2 halfs of Khing Kaew Rd.

Pass the junction of Khing Kaew there is an archway with Chinese writing on the left,enter Cheang Khong there.

Youre sure to get the rear lamp there.

Good luck!

Sky.

Neeranam,

Bought lots of parts from Cheang Khong over the years and never had a problem.They have tracked down some rare JDM parts for me and the price has always been very cheap.

My avatar is my Civic,###### quick little thing!

Neeranam,

Bought lots of parts from Cheang Khong over the years and never had a problem.They have tracked down some rare JDM parts for me and the price has always been very cheap.

My avatar is my Civic,###### quick little thing!

I went there today and wow, it's great! I got my lights and aerial changed at one shop. One thing they didn't have was something called "tor grong aagaat"(air filter tube I think). They said I'd have to go to the Mazda Service centre for that.

Cheers again :o

• 5 months later...

Skyline...I've been to that place you're talking about. It has TONS of car stuff from spoilers to entire engines. Many of the engines seemed to be kept outside under a plastic tarp; I'd opt for one kept indoors just to be safe.

I can't remember if they sell just spare parts or do they have whole used cars for sale? Most of the cars on one2car.com and thaicar.com are either too expensive for their conditions or not all the vital details are listed.