Breathalyser checks

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I was told last night that the police were carrying out breathalyser checks on Saturday.

Probably a good idea.

The checkpoint was at Central Festival - by the roundabout. (Also checking for helmets but that is quite common there.)

This is the first time that I have heard of breathalysers being used on Samui, but then again, I am a bit of a hermit.

Moral of the story - do not drink and drive folks.

once saw them about 8 or 9 years ago on I think NYE on the entrance to soi reggae

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

After being sober for 23 years, I've never been breathalysed, which is kinda annoying 555

The one time I was breathalysed  was the exact day that I had not had a drink..which was kind of a relief ( lucky ??? 5555) :burp: 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, johng said:

The one time I was breathalysed  was the exact day that I had not had a drink..which was kind of a relief ( lucky ??? 5555) :burp: 

You should have bought a lottery ticket.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, johng said:

I know a couple of people who did jail time for killing people after drinking and driving. I don't see the funny side. 

• Sad 2

I was told last night that the police were carrying out breathalyser checks on Saturday.

Probably a good idea.

Probably? er, no, without a doubt an excellent idea, and something that should be done all the time all over the country.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

After being sober for 23 years, I've never been breathalysed, which is kinda annoying 555

After being an alcoholic for 23 years I breathed a sigh of relief when I blew well below required limit after a couple of beers at a Christmas party. 1st and only time I was ever tested

Edited by norbra
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, norbra said:

After being an alcoholic for 23 years I breathed a sigh of relief when I blew well below required limit after a couple of beers at a Christmas party. 1st and only time I was ever tested

Alcoholics can't have a couple of beers. 

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Alcoholics can't have a couple of beers.

Ok I was a pretend alcoholic.

On this particular occasion I was processing company payroll while drinking at my desk, party had finished,so went home to my family, where I had further drinks with my wife.

Edited by norbra

2 hours ago, norbra said:

You are either alcoholic or not. 

Simple test, have 1 drink at 8am in the morning, another at 3pm and one more at 9pm. If you can do this, you are not an alkie. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, norbra said:

I have only ever been breathalysed once, in 1967 coming back to camp from Cambridge. Police didn't really know how to use the device so got away with it, bit of a wake up call.

17 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I have only ever been breathalysed once, in 1967 coming back to camp from Cambridge. Police didn't really know how to use the device so got away with it, bit of a wake up call.

1967. What was the  drink driving level then two pints of Ale?

This is no new thing in Chiang Mai they have the roaming mobile checkpoints for years before covid and from. Long time ago Japanese lady with Thai husband told me she paid 30k what I hear you can't buy your way out of prosecution anymore.

11 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

1967. What was the  drink driving level then two pints of Ale?

I 've slept a few times since then, certainly wasn't anything to do with "units".