TM30 Registration

A number of years ago, not long after TM30 registration became a requirement.  I had a real fight with Korat Immigration over the initial registration - purely because Immigration don't seem to understand that a Usufruct is not a lease, is not time limited and conveys much stronger rights than a lease.  They wanted to treat it as a lease and as such insisted that the registered owner conducted the TM30 registration.  They eventually backed down when I showed them the Chanotte for my property with my name and the Usfruct registration on the back.  However, I think they backed down because they were tired of arguing with me more than anything else.

I was out of the country for a long time due to Covid and when I next visited for any length of time I tried to log and got a message on the screen in Thai which I was told meant something like 'cancelled' so as I only stay a couple of weeks each trip, I didn't bother and haven't since.

I will be moving to live in Thailand later this year so I'm going to have to go through the process again - probably including the fight with Immigration over who can do the TM30 registration. When I did the original registration Korat insisted it was done in person but could be done online after that (when it worked).  My problem is that if they insist on the registered owner making the application and I can't persuade them otherwise - she lives 200km away!

She'd most likley give me her log in details so I could use it in the future but getting her there in the first place could be difficult. She's also a major dinosaur when it comes to using computers - she doesn't even have a smartphone. She also doesn't read Thai very well as her family were Khmer and I don't think she had much of an education. She does have a Thai ID card and owns other property so I have no worries about her legality but I would have to go to her with a laptop (and a translator) if Korat no longer require in person initial registrations.

A few years ago when the TM30 debate was at its height, I'm sure I read a quote from a high ranking I.O. where he was stating that he wasn't bothered if landlord or tenant completed the registration, it just needed doing - seemed sensible to me.  However, I've read reports on here since then where people have been told it must be their landlord but that's been for rented property. I'm also pretty sure I've seen people report that the website has been changed now and its much easier to use - correct? Is it still only in Thai language?

Just like to know other people's recent experiences on this - especially people using Korat Immigration who have a Usufruct.

Edited by MangoKorat