Cash Advance at Bangkok Bank problem

Went to Bangkok Bank to use my Schwab debit card for a Cash Advance only to be told that my card no longer worked in their system. I have used this card before with no hassles. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a fix for it? 

If there has been a previous thread regarding this topic please leave a link. I searched and could not find one.

Have you tried using the card in an ATM to make a withdrawal?  If that works, then it's employee error.

(Since Schwab refunds 100% of all ATM fees, I'm wondering why you bother with the "cash advance" route when you can just withdraw from the ATM free of charge.  Your money, your choice, of course.)

2 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

Have you tried using the card in an ATM to make a withdrawal?  If that works, then it's employee error.

(Since Schwab refunds 100% of all ATM fees, I'm wondering why you bother with the "cash advance" route when you can just withdraw from the ATM free of charge.  Your money, your choice, of course.)

I did not try the ATM machine as I like to withdraw one large amount rather than many smaller ATM machine withdrawals

48 minutes ago, djeetyet said:

I did not try the ATM machine as I like to withdraw one large amount rather than many smaller ATM machine withdrawals

I would try the card in an ATM, if it does actually function you have pilot bank-employee error, if it doesn't then it's time to talk to your bank.

44 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

I believe they stopped doing cash advance on debit cards. So maybe they told you the truth.

Yes, it is a debit card. Do you have a link to this information?

44 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Btw, doesn't Schwab reimburse ATM fees? Why did you need cash advance in the first place?

Yes Schwab reimburses, but I find the cash advance most convenient and can get large sums of money rather than withdrawing many many times from the ATM machine

On 4/18/2024 at 6:53 PM, djeetyet said:

Yes Schwab reimburses, but I find the cash advance most convenient and can get large sums of money rather than withdrawing many many times from the ATM machine

Maybe you could do a one-time exception to your rule just for test purpose?

• Like 2