Dead Burmese man found in water tank of Bangkok condo

snoop1130

news-f20d6b7.jpg

The change in colour and odour of the tap water at a condominium in the Min Buri district of Bangkok led to the discovery of a dead Burmese man in a rooftop water tank early this morning.

Residents alerted the condo’s owner about the slow flow of tap water, noting an unpleasant odour and a shift in its colour.

The owner sent a technician to inspect the water tank that stored tap water for the residents on the rooftop where he discovered a dead body floating inside.

The deceased was identified as a 27 year old Burmese man, Aung Su Nyat who lived on the fourth floor of the condo. He was found naked in the tank while his red sarong had nestled at the bottom.

According to Thai PBS, Aung Su Nyat drank alcohol with his friends on the rooftop on April 17 before going missing. His friends told police that they separated from each other at about 11pm on the day while Aung Su Nyat remained on the rooftop with his daughter.

The daughter, aged six years old, disclosed that Aung Su Nyat had mentioned feeling hot and jumped into the water tank. He later emerged and told her he felt unwell.

The daughter then left the rooftop, leaving Aung Su Nyat alone. His family suspected that he might have returned to the water tank and drowned, possibly due to intoxication or cramps.

The dead man’s wife revealed that her husband had been missing since Wednesday, April 17, and she looked for him everywhere. Overwhelmed with desperation, she resorted to praying to various supernatural spirits for assistance.

According to ThaiRath, the majority of condominium residents were Burmese nationals employed at a nearby construction site. While some residents blamed the deceased for entering the tank, others expressed disgust at having used the water for nearly three days before the discovery of the body.

Min Buri Police Station officers investigated the scene and planned to transfer Aung Su Nyat’s body to the hospital for a post-mortem examination to determine the cause of death.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via PPTV HD

Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-19

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The daughter, aged six years old, disclosed that Aung Su Nyat had mentioned feeling hot and jumped into the water tank. He later emerged and told her he felt unwell.

The daughter then left the rooftop, leaving Aung Su Nyat alone. His family suspected that he might have returned to the water tank and drowned, possibly due to intoxication or cramps.

Disgusting... 

12 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Are those tanks open to the elements then?

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

and boil it for soup or coffee

burmese style it seems....and some just have a screen on top or a lid that you can pop off.....esp old cheap bldgs

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yeah, but people shower, wash clothes, and boil it for soup or coffee. How disgusting would it be to know this if you lived there.  I want to vomit thinking about it.

I would not even make hot drinks with tap water.

• Agree 1

No covers on the tanks ! Jeez what is wrong with this country, Pidgeon poo, Bat poo, dead pigeons, mosquito breeding ground, all kinds of dead critters.

The Condo owner should be sued for danger to public health, even taking a shower with that water could lead to catching a disease. Mucking Fental.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

news-f20d6b7.jpg

The change in colour and odour of the tap water at a condominium in the Min Buri district of Bangkok led to the discovery of a dead Burmese man in a rooftop water tank early this morning.

Residents alerted the condo’s owner about the slow flow of tap water, noting an unpleasant odour and a shift in its colour.

The owner sent a technician to inspect the water tank that stored tap water for the residents on the rooftop where he discovered a dead body floating inside.

The deceased was identified as a 27 year old Burmese man, Aung Su Nyat who lived on the fourth floor of the condo. He was found naked in the tank while his red sarong had nestled at the bottom.

According to Thai PBS, Aung Su Nyat drank alcohol with his friends on the rooftop on April 17 before going missing. His friends told police that they separated from each other at about 11pm on the day while Aung Su Nyat remained on the rooftop with his daughter.

The dead man’s wife revealed that her husband had been missing since Wednesday, April 17, and she looked for him everywhere. Overwhelmed with desperation, she resorted to praying to various supernatural spirits for assistance.

According to ThaiRath, the majority of condominium residents were Burmese nationals employed at a nearby construction site. While some residents blamed the deceased for entering the tank, others expressed disgust at having used the water for nearly three days before the discovery of the body.

Min Buri Police Station officers investigated the scene and planned to transfer Aung Su Nyat’s body to the hospital for a post-mortem examination to determine the cause of death.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via PPTV HD

Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-19

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

Wife says...

Tastes so good 😊

40 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I would not even make hot drinks with tap water.

Our new condo has purifier, but I'll drink it out of the tap prior. Used to add bleach but just became too lazy

You are aware that boiling water eliminates pathogens generally speaking...?

Edited by BusNo8
  • Confused 1

Had a tokay get into one of my water tanks before for house as handyman put the lid back on but the small cap in the lid had fallen out. 

After about 4 days it started to smell in the water and was 🤮. Looked in the tank and discovered dead tokay , so had to take tank off and bleach and powerwash it several times. Even after cleaning it over and over it took over a week to stop smelling when running the water.

Can only imagine the smell of a body ! 😳

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BusNo8 said:

Our new condo has purifier, but I'll drink it out of the tap prior. Used to add bleach but just became too lazy

You are aware that boiling water eliminates pathogens generally speaking...?

Jes. I can’t just stop thinking about what ever insects sediment  and dead vermin are inside the pipes. 
I can afford bottled water

Edited by Captain Monday

On 4/19/2024 at 5:36 PM, snoop1130 said:

The dead man’s wife revealed that her husband had been missing since Wednesday, April 17, and she looked for him everywhere.

Looked everywhere except for the last place he had been seen.

RIP

Somewhat off-topic, (the only related part is to do with Burma...), years ago when I worked in Yangon, I rented an apartment in a very old tenement building.  The shower consisted of a water pipe coming out of the wall and supplying dirty brown, smelly cold water.  I hated taking showers!

One day I decided to see why the water was so dirty.  I asked my neighbour who told me that the water was pumped from the river at the end of the road.  What a filthy river.

Then I had a worrying thought.  "Where do our toilets empty into?" I asked my neighbour.  "Why, into that river" was his reply......

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Not the first one , murder victims have been found in water tanks in Bangkok,

regards Worgeordie 

True. When I saw the headline, I first thought he was probably a murder victim.