Savannakhet non o visit wife report

3 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I had a bank letter showing a balance of over 400,000 baht which I had deposited 2 weeks before and there was no mention of seasoning.

Thanks for detailed report.

So the 400k not seasoned for 2 months.

Good news. Well done. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Just back in Mukdahan with my new multi entry non o visa. Went to consulate Tuesday morning around 9.30 am and queued inside till 11 am. The print shop across the road and closest to the bus station helped me organize  my documents and she was very helpful. I had filled out my form and written 12 month Multi entry 5000 b on top. At the desk he did ask where my wife was and I replied she was back in Thailand looking after her sick older sister. I had a bank letter showing a balance of over 400,000 baht which I had deposited 2 weeks before and there was no mention of seasoning. I also had my passport copies, photos, copy of Lao visa and  a signed copy of my wifes ID card, Tabien bahn, and our wedding certificate. I also had a Kor Ror 2 from September and I worried slightly that it was out of date, but he didn't mention it. He did not want my bank book or my original wedding certificate. I kind of had the feeling he was happy to receive the 5000 baht for the Multi entry as he had seemed a bit harsh with the people before me, but very kind and friendly with me. Might be encouraging for others considering the trip.

I did think that Savannakhet had changed a little since I was there last year. There seemed less foreigners around. I used to go to expat owned Dolly's pizza but it was closed-not sure if just for a holiday.  The tuk tuk drivers seemed more hungry for money, the hotels seemed more expensive. I stayed at Xaythonn Hotel which was 11 usd. In the past I stayed at Avalon but it was full. The owner of Xaythonn was very friendly and helpful and would drive people to and from consulate and the border for 100 baht. She took me to the consulate today and, after a 5 minute wait to pick up my passport, she dropped me at the border and then I took the bus back to Thailand.

I have posted that last time I was in Savannakhet I was offered an agent assisted visa with no Financials. I asked the girl at the print shop and she said you could get them out the back behind the consulate but they were expensive and to ask the tuk tuk drivers.  They were non commital.  I wanted to follow it up further but it  was in the middle of a heatwave so after waiting at the embassy I just had to go home.

This is a report we have been waiting for, regarding the financials. thanks..🤗

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for detailed report.

So the 400k not seasoned for 2 months.

Good news. Well done. 

Money deposited between the 4th and 8th April only. My wife transferred from her account so could only do 80,000 b a day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Money deposited between the 4th and 8th April only. My wife transferred from her account so could only do 80,000 b a day. 

You mentioned a bank letter. Was that a letter stating just your current balance (as of the day it was issued), or a bank statement covering a certain period of time?

Edited by Caldera
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

And when was the bank letter issued please? 

Great report BTW, many thanks

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

You mentioned a bank letter. Was that a letter stating just your current balance (as of the day it was issued), or a bank statement covering a certain period of time?

I had both. The bank offered a 3 month or 6 month statement. I had only put the money in at the start of the month so I chose  a 3 month one. We asked  the bank for a letter for immigration and they knew what it was about. It said I had x amount in the bank on x date. 

• Thanks 1