Jump to content

Govt brushes off central bank’s call for review of digital wallet scheme


webfact

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Bank of Thailand (BoT) has suggested that the government restrict the 'digital wallet' cash benefit scheme to around 15 million financially vulnerable individuals, instead of the planned 50 million in its proposal.

Lol.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They promised the money, now they have to stick on it.

If no pay they can forget the next election.

And the BOT should stand and make it more public that the Govt plans are idiocy, unless Thaksin will pay by himself.👏

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

They promised the money, now they have to stick on it.

If no pay they can forget the next election.

And the BOT should stand and make it more public that the Govt plans are idiocy, unless Thaksin will pay by himself.👏

The thing is they promised the money with absolutely no idea where it would come from. You say "If no pay they can forget the next election" remember this populist BS from PTP was announced as an election platform an election they failed to win. Pay or not the results of the next election will be like the last only the 3rd iteration of FFP will win by a larger margin. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

The thing is they promised the money with absolutely no idea where it would come from. You say "If no pay they can forget the next election" remember this populist BS from PTP was announced as an election platform an election they failed to win. Pay or not the results of the next election will be like the last only the 3rd iteration of FFP will win by a larger margin. 

The hope that FFP will win the majority will probably depends on the 10.000 Baht, which means a lot to the poor.

So the Govt has to give this money if they want to secure the chance to be "elected" again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, newbee2022 said:

The hope that FFP will win the majority will probably depends on the 10.000 Baht, which means a lot to the poor.

So the Govt has to give this money if they want to secure the chance to be "elected" again.

I disagree. People will take the money BUT they will not forget the what traitorous PTP has done. PTP will be severly punished for getting into bed with the military elite. Remember the military elite is the enemy of the PTP support base.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Makes really good sense to help the "around 15 million financially vulnerable individuals, instead of the planned 50 million in its proposal"...:thumbsup:

 

In reality, if given to 50 million people, it's not a "gift" from the government, it's a loan that the population will need to pay back plus some level of interest...:whistling:

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...