List of docs for extension by marriage

hi , 

does anyone have a list of the required docs for my first Non O extension based on marriage   at Chang Wattana .... 

Also is local health cover required ....  

2 hours ago, Chetzee said:

hi , 

does anyone have a list of the required docs for my first Non O extension based on marriage   at Chang Wattana .... 

Also is local health cover required ....  

It's a good bit, but if you are actually married, just let your wife do it. 

And be aware that it takes about a month to be approved, so you need to file the paperwork at CW a month before your current visa expires. 

Just make sure you have the money in the bank. 

I drop my wife at the door with my passport and the documents. She books the queue and waits while I park, get the bank letter and copies of the book, and then I go get a coffee and wait. 

No medical, and everything is DIY but the marriage certificate update, but the wife does not need you to get that. 

Sorry if a bit off topic, if a Non-O permission to stay is coming to an end, and I want to extend it for the 60 days, can that be done at any time, even on the last day...?

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Sorry if a bit off topic, if a Non-O permission to stay is coming to an end, and I want to extend it for the 60 days, can that be done at any time, even on the last day...?

You are referring to 60 day extension to visit wife.

That can be done anytime prior to expiry of current permit..

As usual unless inconvenient best to apply with few days early

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You are referring to 60 day extension to visit wife.

That can be done anytime prior to expiry of current permit..

As usual unless inconvenient best to apply with few days early

OK, thanks, just that something tells me, though I could be wrong, the 60 extension date was set at the day I went to immigration, not from the day my permission to stay ended. Can you tell me which.  ?  

4 minutes ago, transam said:

OK, thanks, just that something tells me, though I could be wrong, the 60 extension date was set at the day I went to immigration, not from the day my permission to stay ended. Can you tell me which.  ?  

The extension is added to your current permission of stay.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The extension is added to your current permission of stay.

OK, thanks, I haven't done one for a few years, forgot the procedures, I looked in my old passports but can't make head nor tale of them......🤭

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

You need 15+ days remaining on permission of stay to apply for a Non O.

The OP is asking about applying for 12 months extension.

The 30 days you refer to is under consideration period. 

He can apply anytime prior to expiry of his current permission of stay 

Dr jack  are you saying I must apply at least  15 before expiry of my current Non O ? 

5 minutes ago, Chetzee said:

Dr jack  are you saying I must apply at least  15 before expiry of my current Non O ? 

No.

I was correcting another post.

You can apply for a non O in Thailand from visa exempt or tourist visa.

For that process you require 15+ days remaining on permit.

Some offices eg CM require 21.

You are not applying for a non O.

You are asking about applying for extension.

That can be done any time prior to expiry of your permission of stay 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

I was correcting another post.

You can apply for a non O in Thailand from visa exempt or tourist visa.

For that process you require 15+ days remaining on permit.

Some offices eg CM require 21.

You are not applying for a non O.

You are asking about applying for extension.

That can be done any time prior to expiry of your permission of stay 

thanks for that .......  And the "Under consideration "period , will that always be within the time limit of my current Non O ? ..... or can it stretch beyond ?    Im asking because I have commitments both in UK and China early June when my current non O expires .... 

1 minute ago, Chetzee said:

thanks for that .......  And the "Under consideration "period , will that always be within the time limit of my current Non O ? ..... or can it stretch beyond ?    Im asking because I have commitments both in UK and China early June when my current non O expires .... 

The under consideration period stamp is often not within expiry of current permission of stay.

When you receive that stamp you will not be on overstay even if permit in pp expires.

If you need to exit Thailand during the under consideration period that's a topic in itself.

Possible however requires advice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The under consideration period stamp is often not within expiry of current permission of stay.

When you receive that stamp you will not be on overstay even if permit in pp expires.

If you need to exit Thailand during the under consideration period that's a topic in itself.

Possible however requires advice. 

Unless I am missing something, if your permission to stay expires during the under-consideration period, I think you're in county on an expired visa. 

I get my passport stamped with the new extension of stay on the date the old extension expires.  

31 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Unless I am missing something, if your permission to stay expires during the under-consideration period, I think you're in county on an expired visa

You are missing something.

Often the return date for final stamp can be beyond current permission of stay.

You will NOT be on overstay. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You are missing something.

And what might that be? 

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Often the return date for final stamp can be beyond current permission of stay.

You will NOT be on overstay. 

So if I go the day before it expires, I can effectively get 13 months on one extension? 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And what might that be? 

So if I go the day before it expires, I can effectively get 13 months on one extension? 

No.

Enough. You do not understand the process. 

2 hours ago, transam said:

yes

as long as you have not had one since you last entered Thailand, excluding re-entry permit entry

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

And what might that be? 

No, because when the permit of stay is approved and issued, it will be backdated to the expiry date of the previous permit.

When I apply for my marriage extension I usually go 2 weeks before the current one expires.

I am then stamped as under consideration for 30 days, that's 2 weeks after my current extension has expired.

I go back to the IO to receive my new extension according to the date stamp to return for it.

I then receive my new extension for another year which starts and finishes on the dates of the previous one.

• Thumbs Up 1