2022 Updated Requirements and or Process for Extension based on Marriage

Hello all,

Back in Thailand and starting early on researching the process again. Only did it once a couple years ago, and left before the second yearly extension, so still feel pretty novice to the procedure.

I looked on the pinned area but did not see anything. Can someone provide a pdf of the latest updated requirements and process for extension based on marriage? Or could I suggest pinning something to the top of the page that would be updated as needed? I also feel the same retirement procedures and requirements pinned up there could also be beneficial for the group and newbies like myself.

Sorry, if it's all there and I am missing something. I saw Siam attorney online had an "updated 2022" post for the extension but I always trust this board for all my info.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by eastcst84

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office and which method for financials.

Assume money in bank method. 

Currently in Thailand.

How did you enter.

When is expiry of current permission of stay. 

It would be CW. And yes, would be 400k in bank, which is already in there and entered with Non O based on to stay with family for 90 days.

Came in on September 1st.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Here is recent thread CW specific.

Also contains some info re appointment option (good idea) 

Thank you!

I wonder if Joe or any other moderator would consider the idea of the updated pinned ones like I mentioned?

Just seems like these post must be constant and never-ending.

5 minutes ago, eastcst84 said:

I wonder if Joe or any other moderator would consider the idea of the updated pinned ones like I mentioned?

The problem is that it varies from office to office. The pinned topic is meant to be primarily for laws and regulations.

This is my general list for the extension application. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The problem is that it varies from office to office. The pinned topic is meant to be primarily for laws and regulations.

This is my general list for the extension application. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

I see. Maybe pinned for the major offices like CW, etc and note that smaller offices should check accordingly?

Anyhow, thanks for the explanation Joe!

This is the list I used last week for successful application in Chiang Mai. Bangkok may be different:

Note - Kor Ror 2 update was no longer required as it was last year, copy of original was all they wanted, my wife asked why and the IO replied simply "new law". 

TM 30 receipt was required, although not on this list. I had a Certificate of Residence but that was handed back to us as unnecessary. 

TM 47 was not required, but my 90day reporting was up to date. 

Family photos, they ony wanted 2 shots, husband and wife together in front of residence with address showing, and one inside the home.  I had 4 to a page on photo paper, they accepted it but told me next time to do one page, with half-page photos, 5x7 was shown as an example of what they were looking for. 

Hold back your originals until requested, passport, bank book, marriage forms, etc.  Make two copies of everything, which you will give up. Don't staple, use paper clips. 

Don't sign everything beforehand, they now have a special stamp with a signature line that they will present for signing before finalizing. 

Foreign husband's documents:
1. TM.7 form (main application form), with 4x6 cm photo. 2 forms.
2. Passport photocopies. 2 sets.
3. Bank documents - certificate + statement + updated passbook. Get 2 copies of each at the bank within 7 days of the visa extension application.
4. STM-2 form (agreement to terms and conditions). 2 forms.
5. Family photos, color on A4 paper. 2 sets x 4 photos on A4 paper = 8 pages total.
6. 90-day reporting documents (TM-30). You need to photocopy and sign both the 90-day report acknowledgement receipt AND the document stating when you are supposed to do your 90-day report again.
7. TM-47 form, which is to apply for your final 90-day report right before your visa expires.
8. Birth certificate of child (if any, and if born abroad). 2 sets.

Trips to make: Husband needs to go to the bank, within 7 days.

Thai wife's documents:
1. Wife's Thai ID card (baht pratchachon). 2 sets.
2. Wife's household registration book (tabian baan). 2 sets.
3. Kor Ror 2 (marriage certificate that looks like a detailed form, without any rose petals), from the amphoe office. Get this within 7 days of the visa extension application. 2 sets.
4. Kor Ror 3 (marriage certificate, with the rose petals), from the amphoe office. Keep the original and give the photocopies to immigration. 2 sets.
5. Handdrawn map to house. 2 forms needed, so draw this 2 times.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, drtreelove said:

This is the list I used last week for successful application in Chiang Mai. Bangkok may be different:

Note - Kor Ror 2 update was no longer required as it was last year, copy of original was all they wanted, my wife asked why and the IO replied simply "new law". 

TM 30 receipt was required, although not on this list. I had a Certificate of Residence but that was handed back to us as unnecessary. 

TM 47 was not required, but my 90day reporting was up to date. 

Family photos, they ony wanted 2 shots, husband and wife together in front of residence with address showing, and one inside the home.  I had 4 to a page on photo paper, they accepted it but told me next time to do one page, with half-page photos, 5x7 was shown as an example of what they were looking for. 

Hold back your originals until requested, passport, bank book, marriage forms, etc.  Make two copies of everything, which you will give up. Don't staple, use paper clips. 

Don't sign everything beforehand, they now have a special stamp with a signature line that they will present for signing before finalizing. 

Foreign husband's documents:
1. TM.7 form (main application form), with 4x6 cm photo. 2 forms.
2. Passport photocopies. 2 sets.
3. Bank documents - certificate + statement + updated passbook. Get 2 copies of each at the bank within 7 days of the visa extension application.
4. STM-2 form (agreement to terms and conditions). 2 forms.
5. Family photos, color on A4 paper. 2 sets x 4 photos on A4 paper = 8 pages total.
6. 90-day reporting documents (TM-30). You need to photocopy and sign both the 90-day report acknowledgement receipt AND the document stating when you are supposed to do your 90-day report again.
7. TM-47 form, which is to apply for your final 90-day report right before your visa expires.
8. Birth certificate of child (if any, and if born abroad). 2 sets.

Trips to make: Husband needs to go to the bank, within 7 days.

Thai wife's documents:
1. Wife's Thai ID card (baht pratchachon). 2 sets.
2. Wife's household registration book (tabian baan). 2 sets.
3. Kor Ror 2 (marriage certificate that looks like a detailed form, without any rose petals), from the amphoe office. Get this within 7 days of the visa extension application. 2 sets.
4. Kor Ror 3 (marriage certificate, with the rose petals), from the amphoe office. Keep the original and give the photocopies to immigration. 2 sets.
5. Handdrawn map to house. 2 forms needed, so draw this 2 times.

Your list makes it seem very complicated compared with Joe's list.

Questions:

3. Bank documents - certificate?
4. STM-2 form?
6. 90-day reporting documents (TM-30)?

I just have a TM 30 screenshot from doing it online. 

And does the original translated Kor Ror 2 have to be updated every year for CW? Question for everyone.

Edited by eastcst84

5 minutes ago, eastcst84 said:

Questions:

4. STM-2 form?

And does the original translated Kor Ror 2 have to be updated every year for CW? Question for everyone.

Kor Ror 2 is up to date info that you are still married, cost 20 bht and signed by the bossman..

"Certificate" is a simple "letter" from the bank stating that you are the owner of the account and the current balance. 

"Statement" is your bank account statement with all activity for the period of time you specify, isssued by the bank along with the letter. I asked for 3 months.

"Updated Passbook", do this same day or day before at latest, not 7 days. They don't want years of pages and old passbooks, just the most recent 2 or 3 months of activity. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, drtreelove said:

Is the bank statement for 3 months?

You answered as I was typing ????

Edited by Yorkshire Tea

90 day  reporting is different from TM30. I needed both this time.

With each 90 day you get a receipt that you should keep with your passport.

The TM30 receipt (bottom tear-off section of the app form) was required and was stapled in my passport on completion, I'm not sure a screen shot will cut it. 

STM-2 form is just an acknowledgement type of document that Chiang Mai Imm has at the the forms review volunteer section, or you can download it.  They looked at mine but handed it back and didn't file it with all the rest. 

11 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Is the bank statement for 3 months?

You answered as I was typing ????

Three months is what I requested, thinking that they want to see my money in the bank for 2 months prior.  You can request any length of activity that you want for the statement.  I was told at my Bangkok Bank branch that for anything over 6 months I couldn't get it the same day, but would have to wait a week for statement in the mail. It needs to be certified, stamped multiple times and signed by the bank official. Don't print it out from your online banking. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, drtreelove said:

90 day  reporting is different from TM30. I needed both this time.

With each 90 day you get a receipt that you should keep with your passport.

The TM30 receipt (bottom tear-off section of the app form) was required and was stapled in my passport on completion, I'm not sure a screen shot will cut it. 

STM-2 form is just an acknowledgement type of document that Chiang Mai Imm has at the the forms review volunteer section, or you can download it.  They looked at mine but handed it back and didn't file it with all the rest. 

Thanks.

"The TM30 receipt (bottom tear-off section of the app form)"

Maybe you can explain this a bit more, as I recently posted a question about this. My wife did this online for/as our landlord, as she was not able to understand the process. It was our first time doing this as well, so we were not sure what we needed to keep for our records or proof.

She(my wife) used the app and uploaded all the documents online. Then she screen shotted the part on the screen where my name is registered with my passport number, etc..

Was she supposed to save something on the app after she completed the TM 30?

Edited by eastcst84

29 minutes ago, eastcst84 said:

Questions:

4. STM-2 form?

Its not that complicated once you get into it and put everything in order. But go with Joe and Jack, they are the experts.  I'm just one happy camper that I got it all right this time first shot. And thanks to the list provided last year by a Chiang Mai forum member, I forget who, but thanks for generous contribution. 

If its overwhelming or if you are disabled or compromised in any way from going through this yourself, you can hire a visa service to put it all together for you. But it will cost you.  I was in Star Visa II in Chiang Mai for a document translation, so I asked out of curiousity how much. They wanted 9,000 baht for marriage extension application.  I kind of enjoy the challenge and have been doing my own for 20 years.  It's like a game, what are they going to find this time, that I'm missing or have to go out back and get more copies, or go to the bank and get a same day passbook update, or what else?  

The exception was my first Non-Im O. I was totally naive, saw a sign on a travel agent window, so turned over my passport and I forget how much money.  It came back a couple of weeks later with a Non Imm visa issued at New Orleans, Louisiana. I've never been there. I don't know if my passport went there, or if somebody had the stamp and the scam.   

27 minutes ago, eastcst84 said:

Thanks.

"The TM30 receipt (bottom tear-off section of the app form)"

Maybe you can explain this a bit more, as I recently posted a question about this. My wife did this online for/as our landlord, as she was not able to understand the process. It was our first time doing this as well, so we were not sure what we needed to keep for our records or proof.

She(my wife) used the app and uploaded all the documents online. Then she screen shotted the part on the screen where my name is registered with my passport number, etc..

Was she supposed to save something on the app after she completed the TM 30?

I've only done the physical form and personal appearance at the TM30 desk. I'm not familiar with the online process or what is acceptible documentation. 

Edited by drtreelove

5 minutes ago, drtreelove said:

I've only done the physical form and personal appearance at the TM30 desk. I'm not familiar with the online process or what is acceptible documentation. 

I see. Well, hopefully can confirm the screenshot will suffice for CW extension.

10 minutes ago, EdwardM said:

Does this mean we need to submit a recently dated Kor Ror 2 doc, if so how do I get an updated one?

Go to the place where they do ID cards, they look on the system to see if you are still married, they print off the details. Then they give it to the boss on duty to sign and date it...????

37 minutes ago, transam said:

Go to the place where they do ID cards, they look on the system to see if you are still married, they print off the details. Then they give it to the boss on duty to sign and date it...????

If mine is on 3-4 month old, will they accept it without me having to update it before my extension?