First retirement extension at CW - Easy as you like...

4 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

wait until youve done it a  few  times and report  back, especially when they change things form last year, or just make up some new crazy idea. I was once told that as the corner of my bed was not in the photo for marriage visa that It had to be redone , a drive of 40km.despite previous years being fine.

Sure, I know how things change.  I used to get non-O multi's in the UK just by being able to name a Thai person.  I'd still be happily doing that but unfortunately that door closed long ago.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Excellent report. Thankyou.

Just to clarify.

You did not provide TM30.

What you provide for address?

Lease?

Yes, as said....

49 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

TM30

Apartment lease

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Sure, I know how things change.  I used to get non-O multi's in the UK just by being able to name a Thai person.  I'd still be happily doing that but unfortunately that door closed long ago.

No mention of a hand-drawn map in your original list, though, which has, I believe, been a nonsensical CW requirement for retirement extension applications. So presumably common sense has finally prevailed in that regard?

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

No mention of a hand-drawn map in your original list, though, which has, I believe, been a nonsensical CW requirement for retirement extension applications. So presumably common sense has finally prevailed in that regard?

Yes, I have read the same and did have one but was not asked for so not offered.

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Didn't need a hand-drawn map either (did requirement extension at CW in February), I just provided a print out of Google Maps.

Good report. Personally I have never had any problems with extensions, both at Chaengwattana and, previously, at Sathorn. I have so far never made an appointment for extensions, but I will now start to do so as age catches up with me.

On 4/26/2024 at 6:57 PM, Upnotover said:

Went today to CW for my first retirement extension, non-O from the UK.  Absolutely no issues at all.  A 13:00 appointment* and my passport stamped and good to go by 13:45.  I presented the following;

TM7 application form

Copy of passport photo page and all stamped pages - they didn't keep any other than the photo page and last entry page.

Copy of non-O e-visa

TM30

Apartment lease

3 additional forms they gave me to fill in (overstay acknowledgement, some other things, didn't actually read them)

Bank letter**

Bank statement (I gave 12 months where 3 should have been enough but why invite issues)**

Copies of bank book account page and last page showing a transaction today**

*Highly recommend to make an appointment, easy to do online, as you get let in first and before the masses waiting for a queue ticket.

** Bank documents obtained form Kasikorn downstairs.  Took maybe 30 minutes and I was impressed that she provided the copies of the bank book without me asking - that was next on my list to go and get done.  Today's transaction was the Grab taxi I took to get there - I had given 100 baht to deposit but she gave it back, "no need", at least that saved 1 more signature and one less thing for her to do.

I then went for a re-entry permit.  TM8 from the information desk, queue ticket and then counter C2.  That actually took 90 minutes as I had to fetch and fill the form, get the ticket and it was rammed with people.  But I was already happy with my initial success so didn't really care.  Could easily save time with some preparation and I think there is some speedy online appointment version that can be done, but I'll worry about that in May 2025.

Oh ,and some nice Ramen for lunch downstairs.

We used to sail through a few times in the beginning. Then this year apartment lease wasn't enough. They wanted tabien baan & owners ID of serviced apt. owners which is a Singaporean company. Previous years no issue despite staying in the same property.

On 4/27/2024 at 4:59 PM, Thingamabob said:

Good report. Personally I have never had any problems with extensions, both at Chaengwattana and, previously, at Sathorn. I have so far never made an appointment for extensions, but I will now start to do so as age catches up with me.

Yes, but the question looming in the minds of many of us has been.... will the recent unfortunate and widely publicized miscreant misbehavior of various farangs, including some directly against police, end up making the annual Immigration experience more troublesome for the regular folks as the authorities have talked about various kinds of "crackdowns" against foreigners here...

And based on the OP's report, it sounds like things at BKK CW at least for now are pretty much business as usual for those with proper documentation, which is good news!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 4/27/2024 at 2:40 PM, OJAS said:

Interesting!  The "map to your home" has been a standard BKK CW document request for retirement extensions for a long time...

I'm OK with killing one less tree every year!  🙂

This thread sounded too good to be true...

I just made an online appointment - now they want it 3 weeks in advance (I thought 2 would be enough, not sure how it was least year).

They also changed the link to the appointment system.

And even 3 weeks in advance,  I got impossible time slots (830 a.m., means get up at 5.30, or 14.00 on a friday, I had that once and was sent home)

32 minutes ago, Lorry said:

And even 3 weeks in advance,  I got impossible time slots (830 a.m., means get up at 5.30, or 14.00 on a friday, I had that once and was sent home)

An appointment is not compulsory.

Obtain que ticket AM and you will be attended to that day.

Do the banking requirements during lunch break. 

• Love It 1

41 minutes ago, Lorry said:

This thread sounded too good to be true...

I just made an online appointment - now they want it 3 weeks in advance (I thought 2 would be enough, not sure how it was least year).

They also changed the link to the appointment system.

I made mine 4 weeks in advance and chose 13:00.  I see now the same is possible in 4 weeks from now.  For me at least the system just worked.  Too good to be true, no, just true.