Despite His Age, Thai Man Continues to Sell Traditional Isaan Instruments on Jomtien Beach

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Ah yes, I've often seen him on Jomtien beach, Phuket!

It's the geographically challenged Snoop1130

Thai (Isan) 'pan pipes' are circular and called a 'wot', the ones in the OP look Peruvian.

Thailand-Wote450-1.jpg.c96bf872c34483fb647965299c18edd5.jpg

Edited by Stocky
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Well, a photo of Uncle Wichai selling/playing his musical instruments at the beach would be nice.  I expect this is an AI article created from 'afar' 🙂

AI for sure, and its starting to get on my nerves a bit

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

should put him in touch with this guy, chinese I think but seems well capable of getting a tune out of those violin type things

amazing I'm sure you'll all agree

At about 1:00 in, it sounded like he was going to bust out into the Orange Blossom Special.

As impressive as he already is, that would have been astounding.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, impulse said:

At about 1:00 in, it sounded like he was going to bust out into the Orange Blossom Special.

As impressive as he already is, that would have been astounding.

you lost me for a moment then i remembered, roy clark, brilliant

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

should put him in touch with this guy, chinese I think but seems well capable of getting a tune out of those violin type things

This guy should take his act to Nashville.  "The Devil Went Down to Roi Et" !

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, simon43 said:

Well, a photo of Uncle Wichai selling/playing his musical instruments at the beach would be nice.  I expect this is an AI article created from 'afar' 🙂

This article is copied directly from another publication which has got pictures it seems AN has stopped publishing the links to the original articles since it was put under new management. 

https://thepattayanews.com/2024/04/29/79-year-old-thai-man-defies-age-continues-selling-traditional-isaan-musical-instruments-on-jomtien-beach/

Edited by RobU

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

It's not old age. And if he loves his job, why to mention? 😶

He certainly seemed to be enjoying his job the day i watched him for 30 mins or so.  Lots of smiles from people and from him....he was not pushy at all about selling them and seemed to me to just like what he did and the smiles he brought to a lot of faces, especially kids.  Actually sort of enjoyable watching an old thai guy doing what he seemed to prefer doing...prob better than sitting home all day.  

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

He certainly seemed to be enjoying his job the day i watched him for 30 mins or so.  Lots of smiles from people and from him....he was not pushy at all about selling them and seemed to me to just like what he did and the smiles he brought to a lot of faces, especially kids.  Actually sort of enjoyable watching an old thai guy doing what he seemed to prefer doing...prob better than sitting home all day.  

Well, obviously it seems to be strange to see a 76 old man loving his job. In this way he'll meet every day different people. Keeps him young🙏

17 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

AI for sure, and its starting to get on my nerves a bit

Agreed, i dont know what to believe so perhaps it is time to download the national daily

19 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

amazing I'm sure you'll all agree

During my military service in Malaya and Singapore in the early '60s the instrument was nicknamed 'Bugis Street Banjo' 😀

What was the point with the picture at the top ? It's clearly not the instrument.

Luckily someone gave us a link to the real article.