Well-Known Thai Businessman Discovered Dead in his Luxury Vehicle

Opera-Snapshot_2024-05-03_114431_www.jpg

The well-known businessman, Sa-gna, was found dead in his luxury car around 9.30pm yesterday in the Suan Luang district of Bangkok, in Soi Pattanakarn 54. Police and forensic experts were quickly on the scene.

Sa-gna's black Lexus SUV was found with the engine still running. The 47-year-old businessman had apparently committed suicide by shooting himself. Police found a fired revolver in the car.

His wife mentioned that Sa-gna had driven off in his car the previous day, something he hadn't done in years. He never returned home and she hadn't been able to reach him since he left.

His worried wife tried reaching out to close relatives but when they couldn't locate him either, she traced his mobile phone. This led her to his location and she sent her employees to check the area.

In the days leading to his death, Sa-gna had often voiced his frustration about his chronic disease, which seemed to have caused him a lot of stress.

At the scene, forensic experts collected evidence, took photographs and recorded statements from relatives as part of their preliminary investigation. Subsequently, his body was taken to Chulalongkorn Hospital for further forensic analysis as part of standard procedures.

Sa-gna was a respected member of the investment community, serving as an independent director and chairperson for good governance. He was also a board member responsible for executive pay and hiring at a national team sportswear manufacturing company.

Khaosod reported that he was a key figure not only in financial services but also in the insurance sectors.

His death has deeply shocked the business and financial sectors, where his expertise was greatly valued.

The police are investigating the exact circumstances leading up to his death, which remains under scrutiny. The sad event has raised concerns about mental health and the strain faced by individuals in high-stress jobs.

Matichon Online / Photo courtesy of The Thaiger

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-03

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A picture of the guy, still living, would make sense.

RIP

Maybe the family asked for some privacy... 

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Mental health is the most valuable possession. The excessive bureaucracy and red tape in Thailand car drive one nuts.

That's funny because most of the members of this forum whine and complain for more regulation and nanny state control of everything 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:
18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The well-known businessman, Sa-gna

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A picture of the guy, still living, would make sense.

RIP

Why? Think back over the many suicides that have been reported on this forum. How many of them featured a photograph of the deceased?

I can't recall any and I can't think of any reason why they should do so. 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Why? Think back over the many suicides that have been reported on this forum. How many of them featured a photograph of the deceased?

I can't recall any and I can't think of any reason why they should do so. 

Sometimes I read articles where they write about this famous person and that famous person. Often, I don't recognize the names. But if they include a picture, then I might think: Oh, that guy.

A couple of years ago I read about the death of a Thai diplomat. I didn't recognize the name. I recognized the picture, he used to live in "my" building and we exchanged a couple of words from time to time. I didn't know his official Thai name. Maybe I knew his nickname, I don't remember, it's too long ago.

I am sure I am not the only person who recognizes more people by picture than by name.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sometimes I read articles where they write about this famous person and that famous person. Often, I don't recognize the names. But if they include a picture, then I might think: Oh, that guy.

A couple of years ago I read about the death of a Thai diplomat. I didn't recognize the name. I recognized the picture, he used to live in "my" building and we exchanged a couple of words from time to time. I didn't know his official Thai name. Maybe I knew his nickname, I don't remember, it's too long ago.

I am sure I am not the only person who recognizes more people by picture than by name.

Personally speaking, I think that respect for the deceased and the sanctity of grieving family is more important that your idle curiosity.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Personally speaking, I think that respect for the deceased and the sanctity of grieving family is more important that your idle curiosity.

So, you think an article with picture like i.e. this is disrespectful? Really?

DbEuBmVW0AIYT-d.jpg

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:
4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So, you think an article with picture like i.e. this is disrespectful? Really?

DbEuBmVW0AIYT-d.jpg

What you're trying to prove, this is not a good example at all.

There is a very big difference between a world renown celebrity passing away of natural causes and a private individual who commits suicide. 

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

What you're trying to prove, this is not a good example at all.

There is a very big difference between a world renown celebrity passing away of natural causes and a private individual who commits suicide. 

Maybe it's only me, I don't judge people who commit suicide. I am sure they all have their reasons.