Shipping Company and UK customs

Brian K

Any recommendations for a reliable and reasonably priced shipping company to ship personal belongings from Bangkok to the UK?  One that you have used and can vouch for, please.  Looking for a door to door service. Also do you know if i will need to pay any taxes once the good reach the UK; everything shipped is used and personal.  TIA

Pickfords ( in business for more than a 100 yrs) Delivered door to door from the UK to Australia, the driver even refused a tip, in fact looked annoyed that I offered it. Bristol to Darwin.

Sorry can't help with Thai tax but I have heard if you mark it personal effects in theory no tax. 

You need to apply for Transfer of Residence Relief from the HMRC, quite a straightforward process, and is completed online, no tax was due when l made my application.

Removal companies will probably ask for the HMRC approval before they ship the goods.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/application-for-transfer-of-residence-relief-tor1

I used Sevenseas and was satisfied with their service.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brian K said:

Any recommendations for a reliable and reasonably priced shipping company to ship personal belongings from Bangkok to the UK?  One that you have used and can vouch for, please.  Looking for a door to door service. Also do you know if i will need to pay any taxes once the good reach the UK; everything shipped is used and personal.  TIA

As an ex Customs officer I can tell you that if the goods are used and personal and you are moving residence, as long as they are more than 6 months old you will not have any charges